Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Overly simplistic description of a split?

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise see March 2012 if you want the real cold on the other side of the N pole. I think they were getting at an overall -AO. But, if the recent winters of '13-'14 and '14-'15 are triggering this study, they should look more at the tropical Pacific too. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise see March 2012 if you want the real cold on the other side of the N pole. I think they were getting at an overall -AO. But, if the recent winters of '13-'14 and '14-'15 are triggering this study, they should look more at the tropical Pacific too. 

I wish LSC would get their Storms Conference archive up on the new site, because they had a presentation last year that described how New England got slammed in those two winters. It was along the lines of this WaPo article but a little more agnostic on climate change. 

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I wish LSC would get their Storms Conference archive up on the new site, because they had a presentation last year that described how New England got slammed in those two winters. It was along the lines of this WaPo article but a little more agnostic on climate change. 

Judah's pimpin' out the SAI this year. Personally, I think it's an oversimplification of the hemispheric signals that dictate our winters, but because of neutral ENSO...maybe things like that carry more weight on the pattern. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol Oaks drop in Novie usually? meanwhile its stick season at my house already, oaks had no chance this year

The stragglers drop in November , but generally the majority are down around Helloween. 2011 fall was far warmer than this one and they had less that year at same time. Just so much leaf cleaning ahead but it's going to last into Dec I think based on how loaded and not fully changed they are 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oak leaves are there every Halloween. Your memory is shot.

Scott, don't the oaks along the street to WSI, have their leaves all winter long.  I seem to remember the trees along the road never lose their leaves. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The stragglers drop in November , but generally the majority are down around Helloween. 2011 fall was far warmer than this one and they had less that year at same time. Just so much leaf cleaning ahead but it's going to last into Dec I think based on how loaded and not fully changed they are 

Kevin my man, you posted this picture last Halloween, would you mind posting one from the exact same spot today?

79EC1FDA-3887-419D-9871-BAFA50C08D76_zpsrpa6b3b2.jpg

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I swear they always lose half the leaves throughout winter.  They're annoying.

I think that's pretty typical.  I think there are some oaks that do drop all their leaves by November but others that keep their leaves almost all winter.  Growing up we had one next door and I always hated the sound of the leaves blowing in the wind during a good early season snowstorm.

Archived