joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Hermine

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was just thinking it's kind of funny howit's probably true that most people on here don't like that solution because their store mongers ... but you got to be impressed at how consistent all the models are with that sort of solution - imagine the models trying to do that in like 1992 back then wow is the technology coming

Things continue to look more and more scary for the NJ coastline with each and every run.  We're looking at potentially days of strong E/NE winds just piling up water along the coastline and not to mention heavy rainfall and strong winds.  While we won't see much here in SNE (periods of heavy downpours/gusty winds/minor coastal flooding) this is pretty amazing to see a system of this caliber stall for such a long period of time.  I think the majority of our winds come from the pressure gradient between Hermine and the high pressure than from Hermine herself.  

The pull north of Hermine Monday night/Tuesday might be your worst period, if the 0z models tonight are close. It's weakening by that point, but this is when rain might really make it into the area outside the coast, and waves/wind might ramp up. 

This will be remembered more for the impacts in NJ/Delmarva and maybe Long Island, but the SNE coast is in for a lashing too, especially Cape Cod. 

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you are south of the Pike..it does appear things are looking wilder by the run

Excerpt from UPTON statement:

LITTLE TO NO IMPACTS ARE ANTICIPATED AT THIS TIME ACROSS INTERIOR
NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY, THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY, AND INTERIOR
SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.

Pretty much sums it up. 

First Sandy, now this....pretty brutal that we can't buy a slightly less aggressive recurve to get a hit here, yet two sharp westerly bends to the south of us in 4 years manage to devastate Jersey, while failing to muster anything more than a slew of nauseatingly overzealous and tirelessly redundant hyperboles from Kevin.

20 months and counting since I've seen anything noteworthy.

Should be a hell of a ride for Jersey, though.

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Things continue to look more and more scary for the NJ coastline with each and every run.  We're looking at potentially days of strong E/NE winds just piling up water along the coastline and not to mention heavy rainfall and strong winds.  While we won't see much here in SNE (periods of heavy downpours/gusty winds/minor coastal flooding) this is pretty amazing to see a system of this caliber stall for such a long period of time.  I think the majority of our winds come from the pressure gradient between Hermine and the high pressure than from Hermine herself.  

LBI, ftl.

6z NAM/GFS looked a bit less interesting for us up this way, even at the shore. The stall seemed to trend a bit south. Tomorrow looks pretty mundane...with later Monday into Tuesday being the closest approach. I'm mobile so I didn't see the Euro...did that trend a bit more S with The stall like the America models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived