Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya that's what I thought.

We gear up for next year Jeff....going to be a better season for all, at your place and up North, and down in SNE too!! Stay well my friend. :-)

It should be better, It's time to move on to the fishing season as I prep the boat this weekend

70-80", Over the course of the winter, We usually see anywhere from 25-35 winter storms

uggh.

You're at the same place I was at in 2011/12.  I got to a point that year where I just wanted to flip the switch to HHH, and everyone knows how much I hate heat and humidity.  Anything to get away from a sh*t winter season and hit the reset button for the next year. 

uggh.

You're at the same place I was at in 2011/12.  I got to a point that year where I just wanted to flip the switch to HHH, and everyone knows how much I hate heat and humidity.  Anything to get away from a sh*t winter season and hit the reset button for the next year.

As bad as it was here, It was much worse over towards Dendrite and the guys in VT this winter

That's kind of been the tenor of this whole season though.  We've had many very nice setups that in most cases would have produced some great systems, but there was always one lil reason why they never materialized-not enough spacing, to much confluence, not enough confluence, no blocking, to much(for a day or two) blocking etc etc...!

The two events this week for April have certainly helped out the feel of the season, and were fun and impressive in their own right/way, so the season made a valiant effort in the very end, for which I am happy it did.

Now let's get nice out, and look forward to perhaps a decent winter next season.

Finished with 37.75 inches of snow this season...about 10 inches below average.  In actuality I'm surprised it ended up that good.  

Systemic destructive interference pattern tendency and execution within the fluid medium of the atmosphere has been proooobably more like 90 to 95% of the reason why there's been a dearth of organized winter storm threats; instead, forcing the beleaguered denizens of internalized winter legends in their own minds to eat a reality over what winter is probably supposed to really be like.

Again, the last 20 years of winters have had a disproportionately large number of 'bigger than normal winters' - or, enough of them that it's been enabling an unrealistic expectation - that's my hypothesis and I'm sticking to it... 

Anyway, from my educated and existential eyes that "one lil reason" you mention is actually one giant cause for this winter not living up to whatever expectation was (more likely than not) collectively shared by the users of this subforum. 

this 12z NAM is delicious Schadenfreude entertainment --- NYC gets pummeled; Boston gets sunny.   

the MA got clocked this year in a NON negative NAO year (of all things), so let's get 'em exit clocked just to rub a stingy turd into the seasonal wounds of the Boston hopefuls while we're at it. 

ha ha, ha-ha ha, go f ur sel-lvvves

ah man - good stuff...

anyway, yeah - we've seen lots of these where the NAM had to adjust up the coast in the narrowing lead time frames.  it's possible this corrects up here more.  we'll just have to see...  I think this kind of interference pattern is probably virtually impossible predict those sort of details though.  

It's April. No loss after two good events. Time to get things going outside.

This pattern in January would eventually have sent a big storm our way.  This month it's merely extending mud season and delaying green-up.  A few of us NNE cynics were predicting this sort of lose-lose scenario back around Groundhog Day. (No science involved, just a feeling of doom.)

Archived