Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

Seems NNE flow Friday with 850s -3 /-5

actually that flow there is NNW by sub-geostrophic rule.  the wind follows the gradient less than parallel in the boundary layer.  that's actually a compressional flow off the whites for much of SNE there and -3 to -5 is mid 50s at this time of year. 

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually that flow there is NNW by sub-geostrophic rule.  the wind follows the gradient less than parallel in the boundary layer.  that's actually a compressional flow off the whites for much of SNE there and -3 to -5 is mid 50s at this time of year. 

Maps show NNE but its is less dreary than I thought, front clears out Wed afternoon , late low 50's off the coast Thurs Friday. finally can schedule baseball practice.

I'd have liked our January chances better with the 4F BN temps so far this month than with the 5F AN temps we had back then. (Though Jan 2014 certainly showed that BN temps and AN precip did not guarantee Jan snow.)

that's a different discussion point than the pattern.

the temps can do whatever they want - the pattern was a destructive interference as the predominant form all through it all, and that's just it... And the point still stands, it also doesn't matter if it's January or April when that's happening

Well friends, it's been a frustrating winter but like all of them there were some good moments. But all good, mediocre, and bad winters come to an end. Time to trot my annual post of this ditty which I vividly remember from when it was popular 50+ years ago.

Kiss is the epitome of the ultimate smoke and mirrors act. I enjoyed the live shows and much of their stuff was what 1970s /80's rock and roll was all about...women...drinking...partying..rinse and repeat. The formula works for them. The stage show and make-up and even non make-up, but outrageous stage precense worked (s) for them. Ironically their 2 musically best albums were late 80s early 90s albims, "Hot In The Shade" and "Revenge". But for 85% of their career their music has been meh...but their marketing by the two leaders nothing short of amazing.

Archived