Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk why I looked but interesting enough that track broke ground on September 21st 1938 must have been a short day for them lol

It used to be a dairy farm, and the Hurricane of 1938 tool care of that. John Hoeing decided to clear the downed trees and make a race track, and the first Asphalt oval in the US was born.

the new track is sweet

They did a fairly good job with the rebuild; there is a part of the original road course that still exists in the woods that they could not rebuild on due to a land dispute with an abutter.

Weather wise it's a pretty neat area, hills of Burriville RI just east of the track, and you often get cool breezes there in the summer.

It used to be a dairy farm, and the Hurricane of 1938 tool care of that. John Hoeing decided to clear the downed trees and make a race track, and the first Asphalt oval in the US was born.

yea cool storyhttp://www.thompsonspeedway.com/about-thompson-speedway/history

Their granddaughter is on the Board of Directors with my wife for our Animal Rescue Org. We had a fund raiser at the golf course this year. I was on 17 for the hole in one and watched the Motorcycle race at the same time. Road course is def

They did a fairly good job with the rebuild; there is a part of the original road course that still exists in the woods that they could not rebuild on due to a land dispute with an abutter.

Weather wise it's a pretty neat area, hills of Burriville RI just east of the track, and you often get cool breezes there in the summer.

weenie spot with a horrible COOP

Thats awesome lol I wish they still had riverside speedway had some great times there my dad use to work on ed and eddy Carroll's race cars and everytime they won we got to go on the track was alot of fun as a kid lol but way off topic now. Models look kind of meh for my region

Archived