joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a very strong s/w so certainly needs to be watched. On the other hand, it seems to want to focus on a narrow area because of mesoscale convergence.

From what I've seen so far this AM it just doesn't look like it gets it's act together in time.  Best baroclinic zone looks initially well offshore as this starts to amplify and the flow doesn't really back.  If we can in some way loose that lead vorticity we may be in better shape.  It's not far off from something more substantial.

From what I've seen so far this AM it just doesn't look like it gets it's act together in time.  Best baroclinic zone looks initially well offshore as this starts to amplify and the flow doesn't really back.  If we can in some way loose that lead vorticity we may be in better shape.  It's not far off from something more substantial.

Right, move the ULL north just a bit and it will have room to be more substantial. It is not a difficult thing to do.

We need just a little more spacing. Really impressive ULL but need that one final trend to really give us some inflow from the southeast so we don't end up with a really skinny norlun band.

Geez the foreign model suite  including the less used ones as well as our Navgem sans the Euro are really aggressive with this for SNE. Extrapolating the 54 hr RGEM that is  one powerful vort max. This could be rather interesting.

We need just a little more spacing. Really impressive ULL but need that one final trend to really give us some inflow from the southeast so we don't end up with a really skinny norlun band.

Spacing would help. But I think we've seen some improvements with the lead wave being dampened--a continuation of that trend could still help to a lesser extent.

I'm also surprised that the coastal which pops east of the del marva doesn't ever really get going. That's a prime area for rapid cyclogenesis, given all of the existing parameters...We could see the downstream UL ridge get amplified if that low takes precedence over the disturbance that develops over Pennsylvania.

Upton is going with mostly snow down here

A LATE SEASON SNOWFALL IS POSSIBLE ON SAT. MODEL GUIDANCE HAS COME INTO BETTER ALIGNMENT FROM 24 HOURS AGO AND ARE SIGNALING LOW PRES APPROACHING FROM THE OHIO VALLEY AND PASSING OVER OR JUST S OF THE AREA. ALTHOUGH HIGHS FOR THE DAY ARE GENERALLY FORECAST TO BE IN THE UPPER 30S TO LOWER 40S...THE WET BULB EFFECT FROM FALLING PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO DROP TEMPS DURING THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON THROUGH THE 30S AREA WIDE. THIS IS EXPECTED TO RESULT IN AN LIGHT ACCUMULATING WET SNOWFALL. AT THIS TIME IT APPEARS THAT THERE WILL BE A 1-3 INCH SNOWFALL FOR MOST LOCATIONS

IMO..BL is going to be a problem for lower elevations.

Not trying to be a doosh ..but I could kind of see this being more elevation driven..to an extent anyway

look at what happened last night in VT NH 40/7 quickly turned into snow. Watch the dews. Don't underestimate a 520 ULL under us. Good times

It does need to be watched though. The flow starts out E-SE, but backs NE-N pretty quickly. I actually agree with Kevin that the higher elevation spots in CT/RI are favored. It could still be a 33F pasting on the S Coast if it falls heavy enough though.

Wham, Bam, Thank you Nam

B276EC9E-DF12-4E37-B071-7C885E1B78D5_zps

The other NAM looks nothing like that ... heh.  

I will say, tho, that in a situation like this where there is wave spacing/contention issues within the trough evolution, that the final verification may be a solution that isn't reached in the guidance until nearer terms...  But it favors eastern areas more so than anywhere else - one would think when employing conventional wisdom.

Archived