SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Friday 3/4 "Last Gasp?" - Model Disco and Obs

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, looks like it is snowing again here as snow starts coming off/out of the trees, huge 2-3 inch 'flakes' haha.

The warm ground and roads did their part, roads slushy/wet at best and some spots with little grass only 2.5 on ground this am, grassy and elevated has close to 5. Called it 4 on average this am, 5 even on snowboard when it stopped around 11 pm last night.

EDIT-amazingly 'dry and clipperish' type snow, only 0.24 for 5 inches, 20-1 ratios???? Crazy.

Not sure on the map but the latest statement is here (via LWX's Twitter):

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201603041219-KLWX-NOUS41-PNSLWX

Also, to find the PNS reports when it's not pinned to the top of LWX's site:

- scroll down near the bottom and click Text Bulletins

- scroll down and click on PNS - Public Info Statement

- scroll down to LWX

Thanks to both of you- it looks like the old link to the maps is working again now. Earlier this morning it kept linking to an older event.

To echo what everyone else said- the trees look beautiful.

Same here.  And the latter brings the woodpeckers, who have destroyed parts of my deck.

YES. Most people don't realize that part. I fight hard to keep the bees from drilling in my house. Have had woodpeckers peck out a channel on my fascia a couple times. The underside of the deck rails and boards are swiss cheese from years of drilling. "sacrificial anode" lol. Rather the deck than the house. Those inexpensive carpenter bee traps you can get on Amazon work really well btw. I have 6 I put around the house in the locations they tend to return to each Spring.

YES. Most people don't realize that part. I fight hard to keep the bees from drilling in my house. Have had woodpeckers peck out a channel on my fascia a couple times. The underside of the deck rails and boards are swiss cheese from years of drilling. "sacrificial anode" lol. Rather the deck than the house. Those inexpensive carpenter bee traps you can get on Amazon work really well btw. I have 6 I put around the house in the locations they tend to return to each Spring.

I can second all that, and I like the 'anode' reference. I have two particular deck rails that those fellas just seem to love, looks like I had spindles at one time and pulled most of them out haha.

Beautiful drive over the Blue Ridge this morning. Everything was plastered white the entire drive. I finished with a little under 1.5 for this event. Only 8 days with falling snow this winter season would normally qualify as a disaster of a winter. But add in the best storm of my life and this winter gets a thumbs up from me. On to the 70's next week. Survive the upcoming summer from hell. Then it's time for next winter. Can we make it 4 above normal in a row? (5 for some)

Archived