joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 3/4 "Last Gasp?" - Model Disco and Obs

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL using a OB that is NOT on the coast. winds can be 20-30 MPH different on the coast(Beach) vs the airport that is slightly inland and restricted.

13 miles off shore at the mouth of the bay. They may need to recalibrate the anemometer. Seems to be running 20 knots or so on the low side

post-2035-0-07054700-1457121588_thumb.jp

LOL using a OB that is NOT on the coast. winds can be 20-30 MPH different on the coast(Beach) vs the airport that is slightly inland and restricted.

This is correct. And having been born there and lived there and the later on worked there and lived there again I can tell you that you are exactly correct. 25 gusting to 35 at the airport is 35 gusting to 45 on the open Boardwalk or inlet parking lot or beach. However, don't let that very real fact get in the way of needling Raven who actually knows more than the needlers That's a principal aspect of this place

Also-no one ever said this would be huge for this area. 2-4" was the high end and 1-3 the general low end calls and some got 1 and a few got 3 and a lot got 2 so all calls on that turned out well

Once again Disagree call WBOC and tell them there equipment sucks. BUT none of you are here and all you can do is throw a opinion behind a computer that no one cares about. 

What equipment are you using?

There's literally nothing to back up your 60-70mph gusts and beach destruction post. Nothing even close honestly. 

This craptastic storm was the perfect send off for this winter.  Another warm half-ass dusting which completly vanished in 30 minutes of daylight.

at least it didn't happen during the day then it would have really been crappy.

This is correct. And having been born there and lived there and the later on worked there and lived there again I can tell you that you are exactly correct. 25 gusting to 35 at the airport is 35 gusting to 45 on the open Boardwalk or inlet parking lot or beach. However, don't let that very real fact get in the way of needling Raven who actually knows more than the needlers That's a principal aspect of this place

Also-no one ever said this would be huge for this area. 2-4" was the high end and 1-3 the general low end calls and some got 1 and a few got 3 and a lot got 2 so all calls on that turned out well

I have been coming here my whole life and cant agree more. Winds inshore can be vastly different then winds just off the coast or near the coast. OC airport is Blocked by trees and even with a east wind has restrictions. the beach with a North East or South wind is UN restricted and is always more then the airport reports. 

What equipment are you using?

There's literally nothing to back up your 60-70mph gusts and beach destruction post. Nothing even close honestly. 

He was telling me HIS readings off his Barometer and Anemometer. We were taking pictures and videos side by side along with MANY others.  Also once again the Swells are S FACING the waves ON SHORE are not nearly the height as those at the lobster bar .1 mile from shore near the inlet. the long-shore current is what is taking all the sand away on the beach.  

I have been coming here my whole life and cant agree more. Winds inshore can be vastly different then winds just off the coast or near the coast. OC airport is Blocked by trees and even with a east wind has restrictions. the beach with a North East or South wind is UN restricted and is always more then the airport reports.

At times the wave action is surprising especially from the n-be as the strong winds are bit offshore pushing big surf onshore

At times the wave action is surprising especially from the n-be as the strong winds are bit offshore pushing big surf onshore

And most people on here have NO clue what the lobster bar is or where its at. its a perfect N-SW oriented bar that really shows the wave heights. Webcams suck. These pictures are vastly different then how they show. and my 4K video's are even better. The long-shore current is ripping today and all bigger swells are moving S. the pictures show the lobster bar in the distance . it only shows up when you get waves over 10ft because its a 8-10 ft deep bar. 

post-14209-0-40408300-1457122643_thumb.j

post-14209-0-74946500-1457122647_thumb.j

HAHAHA enjoy your LIBERAL obumer area. I will enjoy My REPUBLICAN area. where all the snow goes i enjoyed my 40+ snowfall winter

Thanks. I'm enjoying it quite well where we have diversity and the need not to exaggerate. Obummer. Everything seriously makes sense now. Stay dry now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And most people on here have NO clue what the lobster bar is or where its at. its a perfect N-SW oriented bar that really shows the wave heights. Webcams suck. These pictures are vastly different then how they show. and my 4K video's are even better. The long-shore current is ripping today and all bigger swells are moving S. the pictures show the lobster bar in the distance . it only shows up when you get waves over 10ft because its a 8-10 ft deep bar.

Dude, why are you even out there?! Get inside and shelter in place!!!

Thanks. I'm enjoying it quite well where we have diversity and the need not to exaggerate. Obummer. Everything seriously makes sense now. Stay dry now.

February sucked -- thanks Obama.

Archived