• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Friday 3/4 "Last Gasp?" - Model Disco and Obs

DDweatherman

Really bad in SE VA. It had them yesterday getting 3-3.5" and they got diddly. Horrible prediction. No model is perfect, obviously, but the Euro can fumble on the goal line like all the rest of them, that's more my point. It seems that when the GFS blows it at some location, the belief is that it blew it all over while when the Euro blows it, it's minimized. I guess I'm going into perceptions, which vary with each person. BUT, I've seen the Euro do what it did in SE VA several times this year over different areas that seem to go unnoticed because it didn't happen around the big cities.

I'm sure that's true... no model is totally infallible or meteorologist would be a dying profession. (soon probably, just not quite yet!).

I admit I mostly only look around here when we're talking snow. In this event there's not much question in my mind that the euro did a better job overall. The GFS had too much precip for quite a while.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha

Clown

You all are a special kind of STUPID. ITS A NNE WIND THOSE CAMS ARE A JOKE. SWELLS ARE SOUTH FACING ALONG THE LOBSTER BAR. Beach swells are nothing compared to the rip and speed shearing the beach apart. Long shore current is what is shearing the beach away. is anyone here to witness NO 

post-14209-0-64968700-1457117198_thumb.j

You all are a special kind of STUPID get out much ? ITS A NNE WIND THOSE CAMS ARE A JOKE. SWELLS ARE SOTH FACING ALONG THE LOBSTER BAR dumbassness at its best. beach swells are nothing compared to the RIP and speed shearing the beach apart.

Uh yeah I own a place on 94th st. It is not bad down there today. 

das:  using the numbers in your sig, you have averaged 40.9 inches over the last seven winters, even with a couple dogs in there.  That has to be one of the better stretches we've had.

And, a 50.5" average over the last three years without a single weak-to-moderate Nino in the bunch.  I wondered what the UHI impact of 35,000 new people in the area in the last 5+ years might do but it looks like the 500-800' elevation in the area trumps the UHI affect of 15,000 new homes and businesses.  It's been a good run for Parr's Ridge, for sure.  

OFFSHORE FORECAST  TODAY  N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT...BECOMING N 60 TO 75 KT.  SEAS 7 TO 14 FT...BUILDING TO 13 TO 21 FT. WIDESPREAD RAIN.
&
NEAR SHORE FORECAST

ANZ650-652-654-050300-
/O.CON.KAKQ.GL.W.0015.000000T0000Z-160305T0300Z/
COASTAL WATERS FROM FENWICK ISLAND DE TO CHINCOTEAGUE VA OUT TO
20 NM-
COASTAL WATERS FROM CHINCOTEAGUE TO PARRAMORE ISLAND VA OUT TO
20 NM-
COASTAL WATERS FROM PARRAMORE ISLAND TO CAPE CHARLES LIGHT VA OUT
TO 20 NM-
1242 PM EST FRI MAR 4 2016

...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING...

* WINDS: NORTH 25 TO 30 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KNOTS.

* SEAS: 6 TO 11 FEET.

High surf warning was just expired 1 hour ago 

2.25 for a final here and the event contained the characteristics that I forecasted it would. There was coastal development but it did not jump and transfer leaving dc and surrounds with nothing. The precip shield remained intact as it moved south of our region and then the low intensified as it was along the coast and did gain some latitude which assisted in areas to east and south of immediate dc area to get higher accumulations

Just stay behind your computers none of you are here to say any different. WBOC was there in the inlet with me taking pictures barometric pressure and wind speeds. Wind gust were over 60MPH for a 5-10 minute period with sustained in the 30-40 range on the rocks with no wind resistance. No **** the huge waves wont show up on shore with a NNE wind But they will be ROCKING offshore just like they are and the long-shore current to shore is TAKING the sand off the beach and taking it south and is the primary reason just inside the inlet is now only 3-4 FEET DEEP
http://mdcoastdispatch.com/2016/03/03/emergency-dredging-approved-for-ocean-city-inlet/
END of story. want to argue CALL Wboc and tell them they are wrong and there equipment is wrong.

post-14209-0-20760100-1457117826_thumb.j

Just stay behind your computers none of you are here to say any different. WBOC was there in the inlet with me taking pictures barometric pressure and wind speeds. Wind gust were over 60MPH for a 5-10 minute period with sustained in the 30-40 range on the rocks with no wind resistance. No **** the huge waves wont show up on shore with a NNE wind But they will be ROCKING offshore just like they are and the long-shore current to shore is TAKING the sand off the beach and taking it south and is the primary reason just inside the inlet is now only 3-4 FEET DEEP

looks dangerous. stay safe.

Raven-it is galling to be told not only do you not know what you are forecasting but you do not know what you are experiencing and seeing. Good work on your reports and keep it up

http://mdcoastdispatch.com/2016/03/03/emergency-dredging-approved-for-ocean-city-inlet/

END of story. want to argue CALL Wboc and tell them they are wrong and there equipment is wrong.

You were ignored as a child, weren't you?

Archived