• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

I passed this along to our admins/tech guys. If no one PMs you please notify me or Bx.

Thanks...maybe some spy-maleware is attaching to the banner ads. It happens quite a bit

on even the bigger websites that carry advertising.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any guesses on when the next GFS or CMC fantasy 2 foot+ blizzard run happens this month? I say next week

Any guesses on when you're going to downplay an ongoing snow event or only bring up and discuss the model that shows the least amount of snow and/or cold before a storm? I'm going to guess that happens next threat. This year or next.

And the totals for March 4, 2016 are

LGA 1.2 inches
JFK 1.4 inches
Newark 1.4 inches

and Central Park 0.4 inches.

The Zookeeper was horrible, the Conservancy this year has been worse. They F'd up what should have been the all time greatest snowfall in NYC and every minor event since.

Seasonal totals

Central park  31.6

LGA              35.6

JFK               40.9

Newark          36.2

Very doubtful the location in the geographic middle of it all is the low total by that much.

They can change the players all they want but the incompetence remains the same. Zookeeper or Conservancy they just don't care.

Hoping for April fools day blizzard

No!  That was bad news the last time it happened.  I got 17" in less than 4 hours, the trees were already leafed out after a warm March, branches and whole trees down, power lines down and the power was out for four days.  It was three days before the town and power company could get to my dead end street to cut things out of the way so we were trapped.  You couldn't even safely walk out because of power lines tangled in the downed trees.  That was before we had kids so we didn't keep much food around the house so by the time we were finally able to get out we were about to be down to dog food and ketchup.

And the totals for March 4, 2016 are

LGA 1.2 inches

JFK 1.4 inches

Newark 1.4 inches

and Central Park 0.4 inches.

The Zookeeper was horrible, the Conservancy this year has been worse. They F'd up what should have been the all time greatest snowfall in NYC and every minor event since.

Seasonal totals

Central park  31.6

LGA              35.6

JFK               40.9

Newark          36.2

Very doubtful the location in the geographic middle of it all is the low total by that much.

They can change the players all they want but the incompetence remains the same. Zookeeper or Conservancy they just don't care.

if I lived near the park I'd volunteer for it...the records have been tainted...there have been many errors made since the weather service moved to Brookhaven and AOS obs took over...

Any guesses on when you're going to downplay an ongoing snow event or only bring up and discuss the model that shows the least amount of snow and/or cold before a storm? I'm going to guess that happens next threat. This year or next.

Is 1957-1958 still an analog??

No!  That was bad news the last time it happened.  I got 17" in less than 4 hours, the trees were already leafed out after a warm March, branches and whole trees down, power lines down and the power was out for four days.  It was three days before the town and power company could get to my dead end street to cut things out of the way so we were trapped.  You couldn't even safely walk out because of power lines tangled in the downed trees.  That was before we had kids so we didn't keep much food around the house so by the time we were finally able to get out we were about to be down to dog food and ketchup.

what april storm? 97?

Archived