Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

Guest Pamela

$20 says the NAVGEM is OTS at 00z and the bickering about whether it shows a blizzard or not will end.

Here is a reasonable counter offer...if the NAVGEM is a hit; you give me $20.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked a question. Get over it.

No you were tying to suggest I only look at surface maps... Out of blue I might add.. Concidering the post you quoted of me was 100% correct..

I won't get over it cause honestly I'm kinda sick of the mods gettin double standard on treating people right, and keeping it clean with starting ****

Also I'm sick of many of our posters only looking at the surface maps on model runs. That teaches you (the person posting about it) and everyone else nothing.

"The gfs is ots" does nothing and if you guys must do that at least post a map.

No you were tying to suggest I only look at surface maps... Out of blue I might add.. Concidering the post you quoted of me was 100% correct..

I won't get over it cause honestly I'm kinda sick of the mods gettin double standard on treating people right, and keeping it clean with starting ****

You do only look at the surface. It's all good though.

Treating people right? Do you know how lucky you are that you're not 5 posted? Holy hell dude. Enough.

You do only look at the surface. It's all good though.

Treating people right? Do you know how lucky you are that you're not 5 posted? Holy hell dude. Enough.

Really? Lmao your hilarious Rjay... Yea cause I'm always attacking people with sarcastic undertone about how knowledgable they are or what maps they look at...

When a model goes OTS and you post where the low developed, and how it compared to the previous run... What more do you want?

And last time I checked it it's not my job to "teach people" anything..

Maybe you should step up and post more than complaints about posters and sarcastic 1 liners since your apparently well versed in upper dynamics and you can add to the conversation, and the rest of us will sit and learn..

Guest Pamela

Also I'm sick of many of our posters only looking at the surface maps on model runs. That teaches you (the person posting about it) and everyone else nothing.

"The gfs is ots" does nothing and if you guys must do that, at least post a map.

Many posters are not authorities on the upper air charts...it is fairly complicated...even I am a long way from an authority when it comes to reading them.  If we are going to limit commentary to those who are well versed in deciphering the true meaning of the higher levels of the atmosphere, we will likely reduce the overall pool of posters in this forum to under 5.

Many posters are not authorities on the upper air charts...it is fairly complicated...even I am a long way from an authority when it comes to reading them. If we are going to limit commentary to those who are well versed in deciphering the true meaning of the higher levels of the atmosphere, we will likely reduce the overall pool of posters in this forum to under 5.

There's nothing wrong with not being well versed in upper air charts. Many of us are here to learn but the posts of late in that thread don't teach anyone anything.

I also notice we pick and choose the posters to "acknowledge" for Your definition of "bad" posts... I didn't once see a single weenie wishcast post get addressed ALL DAY!

Humping the GGEM AND NAVGEM?

0 science behind ANYONE who posted about the GGEM being correct

Tons of 1 liners on how " big hit", "blizzard on the NAVGEM" etc etc etc etc etc etc

And my surface map depiction of the GFS ( which was 100%) accurate at least.. Is what you decide to confront...

This place has gone to ****

Guest Pamela

I find what rjay saying. Totally fair and fine. Be a man and move on...

Well, at least I won't have that problem...though those new Prada boots I purchased are in for a workout...

Christ. Maybe take the night off.

Or maybe a moderator shouldn't crap on someone for whatever "map" they're analyzing, Especially when the mods RARELY participate in the actually analysis...

I'm literally baffled that with all the bull**** weenie wish casting that took place all day.. Me looking at a surface map and giving a depiction of what was happening is what needed to be addressed by Rjay?

Biased against me a little?

Snow88 and tony posted about 300 times how it was gonna be a big storm with ZERO science or explanation.. Totally fine tho

Or maybe a moderator shouldn't crap on someone for whatever "map" they're analyzing, Especially when the mods RARELY participate in the actually analysis...

I'm literally baffled that with all the bull**** weenie wish casting that took place all day.. Me looking at a surface map and giving a depiction of what was happening is what needed to be addressed by Rjay?

Snow88 and tony posted about 300 times how it was gonna be a big storm with ZERO science or explanation.. Totally fine tho

Act like an adult.

Snow88 posted about 300 times how it was gonna big a big storm with ZERO science or explanation.. Totally fine tho

He asked a question. Maybe you need to reevaluate how you respond.

If you want to be considered a "good" poster here who offers more than the one liner always optimistic bs that you complain about, youre gonna have to offer more than what even the stupidest among us can find at instantweathermaps in 30 seconds. "Its not my job to teach" is a piss poor attitude to have in a forum dedicated to a scientific community. If you dont want to be apart of it, and just want to type what the gfs spits out at the surface, why not start a blog? If youre concerned about "this place going to ****", maybe realize that rjay was giving you the opportunity to actually improve the discussion around here.

Or slam the keyboard and shout. Whatever works I guess.

He asked a question. Maybe you need to reevaluate how you respond.

If you want to be considered a "good" poster here who offers more than the one liner always optimistic bs that you complain about, youre gonna have to offer more than what even the stupidest among us can find at instantweathermaps in 30 seconds. "Its not my job to teach" is a piss poor attitude to have in a forum dedicated to a scientific community. If you dont want to be apart of it, and just want to type what the gfs spits out at the surface, why not start a blog? If youre concerned about "this place going to ****", maybe realize that rjay was giving you the opportunity to actually improve the discussion around here.

Or slam the keyboard and shout. Whatever works I guess.

Giving me the opportunity? By calling me out with a sarcastic question?

Did you even read what I wrote or are you just on here to play parent? The discussion was regarding the heaviest precip shield on the NW extent... A weenie poster decided to posts that the "heaviest precip was ever so slightly offshore" and a "minor shift would bring the heaviest precip to NYC"

I said that the heaviest precip was 200 miles offshore..... THATS IT!!! A completely true statement... Period

That's the post Rjay chose to sarcastically quote about surface maps..

Now you tell me WTF does precip accumulation have to do with what map I'm looking at..

Last time I checked precip acc.. Was a surface map

$20 says the NAVGEM is OTS at 00z and the bickering about whether it shows a blizzard or not will end.

FTW

When did i say that this storm was going to be a big storm?? I was just posting what the models show.

Oh how I can't wait till next winter!

Join me in the Mets forum during the summer. I usually talk to myself in there since not a lot of people are met fans lol

FTW

When did i say that this storm was going to be a big storm?? I was just posting what the models show.

Join me in the Mets forum during the summer. I usually talk to myself in there since not a lot of people are met fans lol

I work during summer mainly and go to games! Have no time for that

Giving me the opportunity? By calling me out with a sarcastic question?

Did you even read what I wrote or are you just on here to play parent? The discussion was regarding the heaviest precip shield on the NW extent... A weenie poster decided to posts that the "heaviest precip was ever so slightly offshore" and a "minor shift would bring the heaviest precip to NYC"

I said that the heaviest precip was 200 miles offshore..... THATS IT!!! A completely true statement... Period

That's the post Rjay chose to sarcastically quote about surface maps..

Now you tell me WTF does precip accumulation have to do with what map I'm looking at..

Last time I checked precip acc.. Was a surface map

Play parent? Jfc.

Go punch a wall or a heavy bag or something, but enough of the drama in here.

Guest Pamela

Meteorological winter now over as we moved into March a few minutes ago...amazing how quickly another season ends...a human being's most precious resource is always going to be time...

Play parent? Jfc.

Go punch a wall or a heavy bag or something, but enough of the drama in here.

THATS what you choose to acknowledge out of all that? Lol... After all the bull**** I deserve an explanation as to why what I posted was an issue... We were talking about accumulations lmao... Is this twilight zone? Am I being Punked

All I want is the answer: why was looking at a surface map to determine where the heaviest accumulations were.. An issue? Period

Archived