wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about 13-14 was before the Valentine's Day Storm we already had a decent snowpack here. Then we got 16 inches and it was just incredible how deep the snow got. Literally looked like trenches. March that year had many misses, so while the pack did last, it really didn't get added to.

Last year was very good too, it piled up slowly with smaller events and because of the February cold snap it froze solid. Then you had March which was cold, and had more small storms, therefore allowing the pack to last long.

Amazing this time last year compared to now though. Ground is completely bare now, while last year it would have been bitter cold and snow all around.

Yea last year was the latest I have seen solid snow pack last .

We have another threat of strong thunderstorms and heavy rain next Wednesday. The 06z GFS has a plume of PWATS >1" all the way up into SE Canada. Another case of the LLJ intensifying overhead. Could be another wicked squall line.

More thunderstorms this winter than snow

The day 10 Para has a coastal hugger.

Yes while the other models dont even have anything close to that. We track.

Mets spring training games begin next week

Yep, can't wait. Have you seen all the cars that Cespedes have been driving to work?

When I was in high school we had snow falling in early May lol. Latest 6 inch plus I remember was April 24th I believe . I think it was in the mid 1990s

May 18, 2002 was a decent event for inland, elevated areas. I had 1" at 1500' elevation in the Poconos and the Albany area had 3-6".

Latest recorded accumulating snowfall for Dobbs Ferry was 0.2" on 4/24/1967. We also had 1" more recently on 4/15/2014, great ending to a huge winter.

May 10, 1977 was a massive storm for interior SNE...parts of Massachusetts had a foot plus, and I believe Slide Mountain in the Catskills had 30"...

Archived