Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood the rush to get to 70s and 80s as soon as winter ended. You'll see many, many months of it soon and then some.

But for the heat mongers you'll get your wish this March.

Agree. March is a winter month.

I just wanna play golf.

Mini golf is awesome

Worst winter ever

We got the core of our winter on Long Island during 3 weeks from late January into the middle of February.

Without those three weeks we would have been in the same boat as your area was. The theme this winter

for us was maximizing the snow production for the few days of cold that we received.

We got the core of our winter on Long Island during 3 weeks from late January into the middle of February.

Without those three weeks we would have been in the same boat as your area was. The theme this winter

for us was maximizing the snow production for the few days of cold that we received.

An interesting winter to say the least. Strictly speaking IMBY the worst ever, didn't even need to shovel my driveway once,nickel and dimed if you will to 9.7" for the season.

An interesting winter to say the least. Strictly speaking IMBY the worst ever, didn't even need to shovel my driveway once,nickel and dimed if you will to 9.7" for the season.

Only had to fire up my snowblower once,  the other 2 events were shovel events and the other stuff was let it melt or get washed away events.

Lol nope. March is part of met Spring.

Depends on how you look at the seasons and break them down. Most of March is in Astronomical Winter, and that's the way most people look at it. To be completely honest, I go by the Astronomical seasons as well since it's what I've gotten used to.

There was a major shortage of colder than normal air available for the Northern Hemisphere this winter.

I don't think anyone just looking at the winter mean temps below would think that NYC could have seen

first below zero since 1994 and heaviest single snow day ever.

There was a major shortage of colder than normal air available for the Northern Hemisphere this winter.

I don't think anyone just looking at the winter mean temps below would think that NYC could have seen

first below zero since 1994 and heaviest single snow day ever.

attachicon.gifsurface.gif

If you showed me that in November I would have said 01-02 redux incoming.

Can someone like Don, Bluewave or Uncle W pull out the stats for me? I have a few questions that I've been considering for awhile.

1. What is the warmest Astronomical Winter on period (December 22 to March 20)?

2. When was the last time NYC saw an inch of snow in April?

Man what luck I had, had to take my kid back to FIT during the blizzard drove down ahead of it. Amazing to walk the streets of NYC on Friday night with no cars. The storm was nice the bar I watched my boys lose to Denver was a gr8 spot. At least I got to witness some snow this year. Central Park was a hike to get to on Saturday but it looked awesome!

Can someone like Don, Bluewave or Uncle W pull out the stats for me? I have a few questions that I've been considering for awhile.

1. What is the warmest Astronomical Winter on period (December 22 to March 20)?

2. When was the last time NYC saw an inch of snow in April?

I don't have records for the astronomical winters...I know the last inch or more snow in April was 4" in 2003...2006 had an inch on Staten Island...it probably is one of these years...2001-02, 1997-98, 1998-90...

Archived