Newest Member
    Toothache
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope a volcano erupts and we get a year without summer

Yes 1816 style, Mount Tambora, the year without summer.

There was frost every month of the year in the metro area that year, and a foot of snow in June in parts of upstate NY and New England. Now that's my kind of summer. FU :poster_oops: Warlock & Marsplex - JK :snowing::thumbsup: 

who's excited for summer?

It doesn't really feel like last summer ever ended. The warmth has been running the table since last May.

We a got a 3 week hiatus from the warmth this winter when we received  just about all of our cold and snow.

Lol no they won't its 2016 not the 1800's

Keep telling yourself that. Where do crops grow when there's no warm weather? technology doesn't just correct for that. We have complicated supply chains now where we just expect everything to be at the grocery store. And it wouldn't be an issue for just third world countries either. I think you'd be in for a rude surprise

Not really there is plenty of ways to get food and the whole world wouldn't be affected. Prices would probably go up but thats to be expected.

Keep telling yourself that. Where do crops grow when there's no warm weather? technology doesn't just correct for that. We have complicated supply chains now where we just expect everything to be at the grocery store. And it wouldn't be an issue for just third world countries either. I think you'd be in for a rude surprise

If analogs are correct then no one should be. It could be a brutal one unless you're into 95-100+ temps with high humidity.

So how long before Newark hits 100 before June 1st? I am a bit surprised they couldn't pull it off yet since

made it to 99 on 5/20/96.

Would spell trouble with the hurricane season.

I could see local threats like bob or carol. But I doubt the MDR magically goes back to life. So many moving parts in this warming climate. Higher temps leading to increasing drough over the Saharah is leading to dust which had been killing long track MDR storms

Archived