joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th Monster Ocean storm obs and hallucinations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah okay ... judging by rad trends this probably maxed out about 2 hours ago...  seems to be decaying a slow death this afternoon. 

I have a 3" total here in Ayer, at 17 F with frequent gusts to 30 or so mph - lots of blowing off roof-tops and brief intervals of very low vis.  So far .. .nice little low impact, high affect event -

Yeah okay ... judging by rad trends this probably maxed out about 2 hours ago...  seems to be decaying a slow death this afternoon. 

I have a 3" total here in Ayer, at 17 F with frequent gusts to 30 or so mph - lots of blowing off roof-tops and brief intervals of very low vis.  So far .. .nice little low impact, high affect event -

Water Vapor loop shows the center abeam of NYC and really booking  out of here in a big hurry.

Weakening bands

Very well modeled so far on that....I think I mentioned a while back that after 18z, the models weakened the banding noticeably.

Though we should remain in the snow for another 8 hours or so. The bands reorganize a bit (but never returning to their heavier state of earlier) and put down another several inches before finally lifting out late evening.

That's a very sad scene. How rare is an absence of snow cover at this time of year?

It isn't common at all. At least not for long stretches. I am in the Champlain Valley which is more prone to it than the mountains but even there bare spots exist.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'd estimate we have about 4.5" of new snow now. Its nearly impossible to get an exact measurement with all the blowing/drifting that's taking place. I don't know if the NWS 12-18" will verify but I can see us ending with close to a foot, depending on how persistent the ocean effect snow is. Either way, the snow looks much nicer and far less back breaking snow than the last storm.

Archived