• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Take away the HECS and this winter is still a train wreck. Add another one and maybe ok. But I like mixed events/multiple events ect. I am thankful we got it but we are still in the mode of punting winter for 10 days at a time.

I still need another 6.25" to reach my avg. annual of 35".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol only in the MA are we panicking after getting 20-40" in the region. Sometimes you'd think we lived in Montreal with how much snow people expect here.

I much prefer multiple moderate events with sustained cold over general warmth, and an HECS followed by immediate meltage. My hope is February into March ends up like the latter part of last winter.

lol only in the MA are we panicking after getting 20-40" in the region. Sometimes you'd think we lived in Montreal with how much snow people expect here.[/quote

Guess I would prefer multiple 3-6 events with more cold that sticks around longer. This event was awesome...best ever...but it's melting like a snow cone in Phoenix which speaks more to the winter itself than the event.

kinda sucks to know that the storm is over. happens so fast. gotta really enjoy these storms while you have them.

Yep. It's the post storm blues, I have it pretty bad. I've been going on YouTube and looking for coverage of the storm to watch and I find myself getting excited again. I wish it Friday morning and that the storm was a tad further east so I didn't get dry slotted. I want to experience the feeling all over again. Screw drugs, to feel good and get that dopamine flowing all you need it's a good old fashioned HECS.

I much prefer multiple moderate events with sustained cold over general warmth, and an HECS followed by immediate meltage. My hope is February into March ends up like the latter part of last winter.

I'd love that too but I don't know if such frigid cold is possible in a strong Nino.... in a winter that's mostly mild, but that has storm chances, I am a thrill-seeker and I want KU storms. In a winter like 2013-14, which was very cold and had a lot of moderate storms, I would've been perfectly content without any double digit storm.

To me it all depends on the nature of the season.

Yep. It's the post storm blues, I have it pretty bad. I've been going on YouTube and looking for coverage of the storm to watch and I find myself getting excited again. I wish it Friday morning and that the storm was a tad further east so I didn't get dry slotted. I want to experience the feeling all over again. Screw drugs, to feel good and get that dopamine flowing all you need it's a good old fashioned HECS.

I've got the post storm blues as well. Especially watching it melt. I savored every minute of it while it was here. I pulled my hat off, flipped back my coat hood and just lived it lol. I was outside for as long as I could take it. Warmed up and back at it. I can't say I didn't get to experience it. I lived it.

Despite coming off an epic storm I would be lying if I said I wasn't disgusted at the prospects of punting the last week of January and the first week of February. 2 weeks without snow during peak climo sucks.

I'd be fine with this 2 week hiatus if it pays off well.... that is, if it's followed by multiple storms with at least one of them being another HECS.

To all the naysayers who like to remind us that we don't live in Worcester or Caribou or Montreal, I get it. But I'm in the zwyts camp... if we're going to have a super Nino with periods of blocking, I want to cash in to the fullest on whatever chances we have.

I'd be fine with this 2 week hiatus if it pays off well.... that is, if it's followed by multiple storms with at least one of them being another HECS.

I'd be a peace with not seeing another flake this winter. But, yeah.. a nice little 5-8" cold smoker would make this winter epic in my book. I had my cold/frozen lakes fix the past 2 winters. Now I've had my HECS fix. That's exactly what I wanted going into this winter.

I'd be a peace with not seeing another flake this winter. But, yeah.. a nice little 5-8" cold smoker would make this winter epic in my book. I had my cold/frozen lakes fix the past 2 winters. Now I've had my HECS fix. That's exactly what I wanted going into this winter.

If I don't see another flake, I won't necessarily complain, but I'd give this winter a B. I'm fairly content with what I've seen so far, having reached climo, but I think we can get more.... I want to see an exceptional winter like 09-10 or 13-14 if the opportunities are there.

I'm as depressed as anyone that the storm is over, but damn, it ain't even been 72 hours since the last flakes fell and people are already thinking of ways we can fail in February and are walking to the ledge.

Y'all never heard of using the good memories to hold you over during lean times?

Good memories are an excellent way to tide a snow enthusiast over til the inevitable pattern reload.

Personally, I have a couple of other hobbies, one is Battle Pirates which I have been engaged in for nearly 5 years lol, and the other is researching and developing a blog.

But we all know Snowzilla may make another run at the Mid Atlantic in Feb.

Get those shovels ready, DC!

Yea. It's a high high and a low low. I've had it my whole life and before I came across easternuswx I thought I was unique lol. Guess not since others have the bug. This storm is going to be even more appreciated as time goes on I think. It really was a great storm. I took a solid amount of pics and vids so I'll be going through those like I did with 09/10.

We all realize  that its going to mild up some before the reload.

This is what you do.

Go outside tomorrow and shovel snow, help your elderly neighbors. There's snow on the ground right now. Enjoy it while it is still here. Get pictures! Get 10,000 pictures of the snow, and find a good place to store them digitally. In my case, I am collecting a zillion snow pics. I dont know about you, but I really dig songs that remind me of snow. You can bet I am compiling ALL of them! If Snowzilla comes for a rematch against DC in Feb, I'll be ready with all my favorite songs. I'll blast them real loud and real hard, and my Jebman shovel is gonna be itchin' for some serious action.

My neighbors know they are in good hands in a severe snowstorm, lol.

In a few days may be back in the Panic Room.  This can't be the extent of our winter.  Feb 15 rolls along and you know what that means.  Peak climo is here - I hope something happens sooner than day 10.o

Clueless, how are your roads? You got a TON of snow up there on Route 9, are your roads passable yet?

I might have been underestimating feb 10 aka snowmageddon. Just looked through some old pics and because it was a wetter snow it definitely made for a snowier scene. Bigger drifts for 96 and 16 but feb 10 was a classic. Really hard to choose one or the other. They were all great.

If anyone in northern Baltimore county is still plowed in, I've got s front end loader on my road clearing the shoulders you can come yell at. Seems like a waste to me, my road is fine, and has been fine since Sunday. Pretty sure the efforts could be better appreciated elsewhere...

Archived