SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't have a chance over the weekend with non-stop shoveling "trying" to keep up with it. But I wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work last week and weekend. I never knew about this site untill I came across a Reddit link in their weather sub last Monday and I am offically hooked. I look forward to learning from you guys and sharing my passion for all weather with like minded people.

My guess is 2hrs + unscheduled leave/tw.

I bet they're closed again.

I went to work this morning, was impressed that the roads were as clear as they were.  Yet when I came home, the only difference between 6am and 3pm was the fact the sun came out.  Roads were still sloppy.  And there will be lots of re-freezing overnight.

Didn't have a chance over the weekend with non-stop shoveling "trying" to keep up with it. But I wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work last week and weekend. I never knew about this site untill I came across a Reddit link in their weather sub last Monday and I am offically hooked. I look forward to learning from you guys and sharing my passion for all weather with like minded people.

Welcome to the board :) 

I just moved to the area and thought I was prepared for this snow storm. I bought bread, milk, blankets, batteries, flashlights, candles, etc. I thought I was well prepared.

Well, it turns out I forgot to buy a snow shovel... Spent two hours yesterday digging out half my vehicle with a large plastic mixing bowl and a dustpan. It really sucks!

I just moved to the area and thought I was prepared for this snow storm. I bought bread, milk, blankets, batteries, flashlights, candles, etc. I thought I was well prepared.

Well, it turns out I forgot to buy a snow shovel... Spent two hours yesterday digging out half my vehicle with a large plastic mixing bowl and a dustpan. It really sucks!

You have sh*tty neighbors.

Front end loader left my subdivision around 4:00 today. The end of the driveway wall was absolutely ridiculous. It was at least 5 feet tall. Took me about 20 minutes with a snow blower to get rid of it. And I am back in business. I have to say, given the magnitude of this storm, VDOT did a fine job out here. I am completely dug out a full day faster than 2010. Man. What a storm.

I dont know why people spend so much time digging every square inch around their car like they have a shoveling fetish. I was able to get my car out just by shoveling out behind my car so I could reverse out of my street spot.

A driveway with a car plus another car in the garage is an exception.

DC Courts open @10am. We are notorious for opening very quickly after extreme weather events. My guess, DC Govt<DC Courts<Feds (as in OFF tomorrow)

DC Courts' days off for weather events is governed by the Executive Office, not the DC mayor nor OPM

I undertook a three hour jebwalk tonight.

This jebwalk utterly changed my life forever.

I absolutely am in love with blizzards.

I dont know how I am going to do it --- But I am going to find a way to spend an entire winter in the Northeast - in weatherfella/Ginx Snewx/40 70 Benchmark Land.

Go to the NNE mountains. Perfection.

I need to find a location in New England where it is the coldest, there are crazy high winds for zero visibilities, a place that tends to max out on snow totals. Once I find that location, then I can begin to work toward finding a way to stay there for an entire winter, just to find out what it's like.

Archived