joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Also like the NHL we take being a repeat offender into account. We also somewhat take into account the quality of posts by the particular person.

I.e. If Bluewave decides one day to tell someone to blow it out their ass I will lol and let it go but prob delete it. I'm about 95% sure he will never do that though.

But rules are the rules and no one should break them.

:thumbsup:

Props, Rjay (And BxEngine)

Wow,blizzard warning for 1 inch of snow lol

BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM SUNDAY TO NOON CST

MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN HAS ISSUED

A BLIZZARD WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM SUNDAY TO NOON

CST MONDAY. THE BLIZZARD WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* EXPECT BLIZZARD CONDITIONS TO DEVELOP AFTER 3 PM SUNDAY AND

THEN DIMINISH AROUND NOON MONDAY.

* WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 55 MPH WILL CAUSE WHITEOUT CONDITIONS

IN BLOWING SNOW. SIGNIFICANT DRIFTING OF THE SNOW IS LIKELY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO 1 INCH ARE EXPECTED.

* TRAVEL WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE AND ROAD CLOSURES

ARE POSSIBLE.

I have a flight out of LGA at 9am Tuesday morning.  Thoughts on problems with the flight getting out on time or me getting there easily enough?  I don't expect much for traffic if I figure on getting there before 7am or is that wrong?  It's for a job interview so I need things to go right.  I remember a few weeks ago someone mentioned good off airport parking too, was it the Marriot or...?  

I think I'll take a hiatus from this board for a while... Things around here are getting a bit out of hand.... Shame on those who have seen a blizzard this season and still act like children... Night all

Don't take a break. Don't let Animal get to you. Many others, like me, appreciate your posts. Keep 'em coming.

Yeah wtf to the point of loosing quality posters

Apparently I'm not allowed to have a life or work bc I need to stay here to babysit and delete 20+ posts an hour. (Yes I'm bitching lol)

I'll say it again. If people are not sure what they're are saying is accurate, post it in here. It's a delicate balance between wanting a learning environment and letting the board become unreadable.

This is the last warning. Pick up the quality of posts in storm threads or just post in here. I hate having to be like this. I'm not asking for much.

Apparently I'm not allowed to have a life or work bc I need to stay here to babysit and delete 20+ posts an hour. (Yes I'm bitching lol)

I'll say it again. If people are not sure what they're are saying is accurate, post it in here. It's a delicate balance between wanting a learning environment and letting the board become unreadable.

This is the last warning. Pick up the quality of posts in storm threads or just post in here. I hate having to be like this. I'm not asking for much.

Quality posters and posts and less whiny negative babies who are all gloom and doom like lol you don't throw in the towel..you live with the storm tilll it's over...

Wow. Wtf happend in here last night? Mods must have done a good job becuase the only evidence of disaster is in the banter thread.

Anyway- any of the south shore/ long beach posters jumping in the ocean today??? Headed down shortly. Those positive SST should make this years polar bear plunge a breeze.

Could be interesting for commute tomorrow morning and another 'surprise' storm. Doubtful most will be paying attention to a possible updated forecast today/tonight because of "reasons". Go Broncos! Although my head is telling me they might get slaughtered unless manning plays like its 10 years ago.

I've spent the past few weeks studying light pollution maps. Usually I go shoot the Milky Way up in the Catskills or down near ocean city or Avalon NJ where it's dark. But I noticed a small area of Sandy Hook that appeared darker on the map. This isn't the best shot but you can see the Milky Way wedged between the light pollution of NYC and the Jersey Shore. This was today around 5am.

waQcgyC.jpg

I've spent the past few weeks studying light pollution maps. Usually I go shoot the Milky Way up in the Catskills or down near ocean city or Avalon NJ where it's dark. But I noticed a small area of Sandy Hook that appeared darker on the map. This isn't the best shot but you can see the Milky Way wedged between the light pollution of NYC and the Jersey Shore. This was today around 5am.

y crap, that's awesome! I tried to capture that out here on LI but even the darkest part in Southold out east and still couldn't manage anything more than a faint glow.

May I ask your setup?

Wow. Wtf happend in here last night? Mods must have done a good job becuase the only evidence of disaster is in the banter thread.

Anyway- any of the south shore/ long beach posters jumping in the ocean today??? Headed down shortly. Those positive SST should make this years polar bear plunge a breeze.

I'm here not going in though. I only go in the ocean with a 5/4 dry lock wetsuit in the winter

waQcgyC.jpg

Incredible!!

waQcgyC.jpg

Outstanding capture.

Archived