Newest Member
    CHSVol
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://bit.ly/1KvynZT

A great video from Bernie this afternoon, explains that YES.. This can come up the coast.. And YES we CAN get hit with both systems back to back...

everytime that guy says we get hit, we don't. Or vice versa. I'm sorry but he's not that great of a meteorologist. There's way better talent on here. I've been calling for a monster storm for a few days. I think this will eventually be a monster phase and the initial coastal doesn't get kicked out to sea like that, instead it phases with the Miller B and become a monster. nam and nam 4K really show that almost to the T. Watch those two storms merge in the future runs. The only models I'll be looking at from now on until I get proven wrong are the nam and nam4k. Euro and GFS are entertainment purposes, CMC is nice to look at for the long term, it usually losses the storms in the midrange. Rgem has been okay but did terrible with the blizzard. I wanna get nam'd again. By Sunday we should definitely get a crazy nam run especially with the monster coastal just offshore!

Glad to see this again..

Perhaps up and down the east coast when you have time?

Thanks

Nice to see you Tim.  As Bill Murray said regarding "the plan" in Stripes, "I'm workin' on it"

Seasonal Snowfall 2015-16 Winter

Through February 5th, 2016

JFK: 36.0"

Islip: 34.6"

Newark: 32.4"

LGA: 31.2"

Central Park: 29.7"

NWS Upton: 26.7"

Bridgeport: 19.0"

everytime that guy says we get hit, we don't. Or vice versa. I'm sorry but he's not that great of a meteorologist. There's way better talent on here. I've been calling for a monster storm for a few days. I think this will eventually be a monster phase and the initial coastal doesn't get kicked out to sea like that, instead it phases with the Miller B and become a monster. nam and nam 4K really show that almost to the T. Watch those two storms merge in the future runs. The only models I'll be looking at from now on until I get proven wrong are the nam and nam4k. Euro and GFS are entertainment purposes, CMC is nice to look at for the long term, it usually losses the storms in the midrange. Rgem has been okay but did terrible with the blizzard. I wanna get nam'd again. By Sunday we should definitely get a crazy nam run especially with the monster coastal just offshore!

Huh? He did great with the last few storms. You don't sound very credible putting others down.

Caribou: 46.3"

NYC JFK: 36.0"

Islip, NY: 34.6"

Allentown: 32.3"

NYC LGA: 31.2"

Baltimore: 30.0"

Washington Dulles: 29.9"

NYC Central Park: 29.7"

Portland 29.3"

Philadelphia: 24.1"

Worcester: 23.6"

Atlantic City: 18.8"

Washington National: 18.8"

Wilmington, DE: 18.4"

Concord, NH: 17.2"

Boston: 17.2"

Binghamton: 13.5"

Providence: 13.0"

Richmond: 12.1"

Hartford: 9.5"

Albany: 5.5"

Scranton: 5.3"

Norfolk, VA: 2.8"

In Mt Hollys current discussion there is a tidbit about what I think is causing that this year.  They say something to the effect of 'anomalously warm gulf stream and slightly warmer than normal ribbon closer to the coast.'  I would think that this leaves additional energy further offshore for the storms to grow stronger and then as they 'sense' that warmer ribbon closer in they move slightly towards it.

Portland 29.3"

3.7" IMBY, 1.2" of which was sleet.

Huh? He did great with the last few storms. You don't sound very credible putting others down.

I was just gonna say.. Bernie Rayno, IMO is one of the best out there... He NEVER guarantees anything and he ALWAYS stresses that here's ALWAYS multiple option on the table...you cant watch his videos from a weenies perspective otherwise your gonna hear what you wanna hear, he does a great job explaining upper level dynamics, and scenarios IMO

I was just gonna say.. Bernie Rayno, IMO is one of the best out there... He NEVER guarantees anything and he ALWAYS stresses that here's ALWAYS multiple option on the table...you cant watch his videos from a weenies perspective otherwise your gonna hear what you wanna hear, he does a great job explaining upper level dynamics, and scenarios IMO

Wasnt he calling for 3-6 inches a day before the blizzard

Caribou vs JFK ought to be quite the nailbiter for the crown.

Portland 29.3"

I know, but I just want this cold spell to last thru early March at least. I love prolonged snow cover.

You and me both! :drunk:

I think the next few weeks are going to prove exciting, especially for us coasties.  I feel like we cash in on both the front and back ends of next weekend's arctic haymaker.  And it's only February 6th.  Now is the time to get sleep!

Archived