joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically if you live north of the Raritan River in NJ and west of Long Island - it will be NO BIG DEAL the next couple of days - in fact some areas will see nothing at all. In addition this is going to be a winter to remember for sure with areas of Long Island seeing much above normal snowfall compared to some more northern inland areas seeing much less through most of Feb. Plus that WWA confined to NYC and nothing in Northern NJ worked out real good

It's going to come down to where the heavy bands set up

I swear, some of the captain obvious posts drive me nuts.

They are like stupid sports announcers:

"You know what this team losing by 7 points really needs, Bob? A touchdown".

"Jim, a home run here would really help this team losing by a run".

:axe:

There seems to have been a dramatic increase in posts like that, its discouraging to say the least.

All I have to say about the way things have gone this year is "Thank God I didn't get shafted by the blizzard" because otherwise I could have been starring down a record low season total here.

What did you get during the blizzard? From what I remember you were probably under that death band for a while

22" here. Very nice hit, not in the JP zone but nothing to complain about.

That's a solid historic storm. No way you can complain in a super Nino after that!!!! On the train to the city right now and can see snow totals drop as I head west. This storm was definitely an eastern Nassau county special!!!!!

Not sure if you saw this story yet, on the conditions from the storm hitting the Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas as it departed Bayonne on the way to Florida and the Bahamas:

http://abc7ny.com/news/royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-headed-to-florida-encounters-rough-seas/1191555/

Yep I had friends that were on the ship

There seems to be a ton of potential each week, but outside of the blizzard (which makes up for a ton), nobody (except for LI) is really cashing in

Yup, pretty much has sucked since the blizzard. Was hoping to get some type of decent snow pack going again before the crazy arctic air dumps into the area in a few days. Even if it would have been just 3 or 4 inches from the early part of this week. Lots of bare ground up here in Eastern Bergen.

Archived