joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see NYC finally hit 0 to round out the triple crown of winter extremes.

1) Warmest December on record by a wide margin

2)  statistical tie for heaviest snowstorm in January

3)  rooting for first 0 since 1994 in February

But I concede that we may fall just short again

like last winter

I would like to see NYC finally hit 0 to round out the triple crown of winter extremes.

2) statistical tie for heaviest snowstorm in January

3) rooting for first 0 since 1994 in February

like last winter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgjtm4_M20

We need that straight shot down the Hudson. The arctic in general is allot warmer then if was in 94 so your baseline is much higher. The stars are going to have to align big time

bluewave, on 06 Feb 2016 - 4:40 PM, said:bluewave, on 06 Feb 2016 - 4:40 PM, said:

2)  statistical tie for heaviest snowstorm in January

3)  rooting for first 0 since 1994 in February

like last winter

Got down to 0 at my station last February but like NYC haven't been below 0 since 1994, so would like to break that barrier also.

We need that straight shot down the Hudson. The arctic in general is allot warmer then if was in 94 so your baseline is much higher. The stars are going to have to align big time

Exactly, we would need the 850's cold enough with a Hudson Valley northerly cold air drain special to pull it off.

Got down to 0 at my station last February but like NYC haven't been below 0 since 1994, so would like to break that barrier also.

Yeah, not hitting 0 has been one of the few winter benchmarks missing from all the snowfall records we have

racked up since 1994. The other has been a March 93 style superstorm taking a benchmark track. My one

big regret with that storm was that it came too far west for us and the APPS jackpotted instead of us.

I was pretty bummed out when that snow changed to sleet and then finally rain. Especially since there were

such a shortage of quality snowstorms from 1980 to 1993.

Mods please pin the miller b thread. Tired of having to scroll down to find it lol

Not until people start picking up the quality of posts. I worked all day and came home to a sh*t show once again.

Also if you (not you specifically lol) aren't sure about something, post it in banter.

Be specific

I think it's fairly obvious without calling people out by name, some posters constantly take things to a personal level and never get publicly warned... Others have disagreements based off model analysis etc and it always seems to warrant a "clean it up" post... It's just seems like a few favored posters slide on stuff quit often, regardless of whether they "normally" have quality posts.

^ Also like the NHL we take being a repeat offender into account. We also somewhat take into account the quality of posts by the particular person.

I.e. If Bluewave decides one day to tell someone to blow it out their ass I will lol and let it go but prob delete it. I'm about 95% sure he will never do that though.

But rules are the rules and no one should break them.

I think it's fairly obvious without calling people out by name, some posters constantly take things to a personal level and never get publicly warned... Others have disagreements based off model analysis etc and it always seems to warrant a "clean it up" post... It's just seems like a few favored posters slide on stuff quit often, regardless of whether they "normally" have quality posts.

People are spoken to in private all the time.

^ Also like the NHL we take being a repeat offender into account. We alao somewhat take into account the quality of posts but the particular person.

I.e. If Bluewave decides one day to tell someone to blow it out their ass I will lol and let it go by prob delete it. I'm about 95% sure he will never do that though.

Then that explains it, thank you

^ Also like the NHL we take being a repeat offender into account. We also somewhat take into account the quality of posts by the particular person.

I.e. If Bluewave decides one day to tell someone to blow it out their ass I will lol and let it go but prob delete it. I'm about 95% sure he will never do that though.

But rules are the rules and no one should break them.

Sure would love to see that though.. let's push his buttons!

Archived