Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #1 - No Banter

Deck Pic

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it that's a good thing?

Yes.  The higher the pressure better overall pattern for a classic MECs/ HECs in the mid atlantic.  your barometric pressure is directly proportional to the amount of cold air the system has to work with.  It also creates pressure and temperature gradient which is ideal for snow storms.  Google PD2 (presidents day storm 2)... that was a classic setup for High pressure!

Huh?  That has nothing to do with the quality of the package.  These pre-implementation runs are typically fit into the holes on the operational or even backup supercomputers, which is why their products are delayed relative to the ops.  In other words, their data feed is unreliable.  Their upgrade is well vetted and scoring quite well.

There were more posts regarding problems with maps, etc.. But in light of the 12Z Euro, it was concern unfounded.   :-)

I've written my most bullish so far in advance CWG since I started writing there. The Euro low position still is a little west of where I'd like it when it gets up towards ORF.

As depicted me and you might mix for a bit. Also around 32 for a bit too. We'll have to see what temp profiles are like as we get closer.

Archived