Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #1 - No Banter

Deck Pic

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know how much a factor this is, but in New England they sometimes worthy about winds being too high and shattering the crystals into smaller sizes, reducing the depth. I'm not quite concerned about that at this point.

LOL that's one of those typical SNE blizzard problems.

"My blizzard conditions are so intense it is making my snowflakes blow up!"

I really don't know how much a factor this is, but in New England they sometimes worthy about winds being too high and shattering the crystals into smaller sizes, reducing the depth. I'm not quite concerned about that at this point.

I wouldn't worry in Feb 13 winds gusted to 60 at my house way inland,crushed. This is an absolute crush job for you guys. Have to feel pretty confident at this point for a Friday Shutdown of the Eastern seaboard . Insane runs.

LOL that's one of those typical SNE blizzard problems.

"My blizzard conditions are so intense it is making my snowflakes blow up!"

whats cool though is radar showing max snow tens of miles from you yet you are dumping due to displacement. On the immediate shore you can get shattered dendrites that reduce depth but its a total weenie lol worry. Geezus these runs were run out of Ji's basement.

If I remember correctly, it has to do with getting most efficient snow growth?

Dendrites collide and shatter, resulting in a smaller crystal.  Instead of laying on each other like puff balls, they compact more like grains of sand (just as an example).  Resulting ratios are much lower than the 15:1 that are sometimes possible with pretty dendrites.

holy crap Mitch the snowfall distribution has a March 58 overture. Maxed out for you guys but still.potent enough for me. I am so excited for all of you. Incredible consistency all around.

I've never gotten this excited or confident at this range before, but it's turning into such a monster that the downside is 12-15" attm, and double that if everything happens as now depicted by the usually reliable models.

I've never gotten this excited or confident at this range before, but it's turning into such a monster that the downside is 12-15" attm, and double that if everything happens as now depicted by the usually reliable models.

you are inside 96 for the important features..still outside reliability but you know this drill . Sweet UK look now

How close is the mixing line for the cities? The map of the low position suggests that it could come close.

It's hard to tell since UKMET only goes out to 72H for that kind of stuff.  Just a wag, but I would guess there'd be some mixing along 95 with the position of the surface low but it is captured by the H5 so it'd be a pretty sweet outcome when all is said and done.  It would really clock the NW burbs.

Archived