• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Sweet. Good thing you got all the snow you ever need last year, or that could be irritating to have to talk about.

I like when they get crushed for some reason. They are kind of the underdog?

Nobody likes missing out, but honestly...I can't really feel bad for myself. 

They have had two good winters, but really got many shafts since Dec 2010. March 2013 may be one of the biggest carpets ever pulled out from under weenies in modern history.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest, I didn't care much for today.

Unless its going to snow hard, and/or sustain a deep pack, keep it.

Up here today was like my ideal type of winter day. Cold with snow in the air all day. I would prefer it if we had more than 6" on the ground but it was definitely a wintry appeal type of day.

If any of you have a WEATHERBELL premium subscription, go check out Tom Downes post from yesterday. It shows the Feb 4-7 mid Atlantic storm from 2010. And it shows a few spots of 30 plus inches on it. I said this yesterday, that some of those areas had received over 30 inches in some of those storms, but was told they didn't. According to the NESIS map, they indeed did. Just saying.

If any of you have a WEATHERBELL premium subscription, go check out Tom Downes post from yesterday. It shows the Feb 4-7 mid Atlantic storm from 2010. And it shows a few spots of 30 plus inches on it. I said this yesterday, that some of those areas had received over 30 inches in some of those storms, but was told they didn't. According to the NESIS map, they indeed did. Just saying.

That stuck out in my mind as well yesterday when you mentioned it, I remembered the 30" distinctly

Interesting...

NCDC says 2015 was warmest global year on record and by widest margin on record.

Also says December 2015 was the globe's warmest month of land and sea temperatures in the 136-year period of record.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/summary-info/global/201512

don't bother ... i've been peppering the various forums with this information ...for about 18 months actually, because we've been on an incredible string of 'every month is warmer than the last' for almost that much time (as per NASA's monthly press releases)

...crickets. 

people are so pre-occupied by this pure interest in snow (less meteorology - oh, they think they're into the weather, but no: they are into snow; snow just by proximity is apart of 'the weather') that there's really no room or even capacity to acknowledge - certainly not care.

and that is all evidenced by the fact that no one ever responds with any depth of thought or expression. 

Buuut, maybe you'll have more luck   ;)   ..,. I'm sure if there were ever a forum out there that specifically dealt with impending macro-scale population correction/extinction event, such that all that data connotes, you'd get a tons and tons of replies and ur own 130 page thread extravaganzas! 

don't bother ... i've been peppering the various forums with this information ...for about 18 months actually, because we've been on an incredible string of 'every month is warmer than the last' for almost that much time (as per NASA's monthly press releases)

...crickets.

people are so pre-occupied by this pure interest in snow (less meteorology - oh, they think they're into the weather, but no: they are into snow; snow just by proximity is apart of 'the weather') that there's really no room or even capacity to acknowledge - certainly not care.

and that is all evidenced by the fact that no one ever responds with any depth of thought or expression.

Buuut, maybe you'll have more luck ;) ..,. I'm sure if there were ever a forum out there that specifically dealt with impending macro-scale population correction/extinction event, such that all that data connotes, you'd get a tons and tons of replies and ur own 130 page thread extravaganzas!

Or...maybe some people know how to post in the correct subforum.

Or...maybe some people know how to post in the correct subforum.

no, this is a banter thread dude - 

and, no again ... over there in those "climate" threads, the only thing a data-based truth invokes is a tsunamis of nay-sayers that would make a GOP pundit blush.  

there's an agenda here to covet/protect cold ...and it's long become a bastion filled with those of that ilk. sorry, it just is

no, this is a banter thread dude -

and, no again ... over there in those "climate" threads, the only thing a data-based truth invokes is a tsunamis of nay-sayers that would make a GOP pundit blush.

there's an agenda here to covet/protect cold ...and it's long become a bastion filled with those of that ilk. sorry, it just is

I didn't ever argue against that. But people go to the climate change subforum to discuss, and to give up trying to discuss, climate change.

I didn't ever argue against that. But people go to the climate change subforum to discuss, and to give up trying to discuss, climate change.

haha, tru dhat!   ..pretty funny...    

yeah, what can you do - we're goin' to hell in hand-basket (maybe) 

Archived