Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are very few houses available in MA above 1500' unless you want to live in Savoy - Heath - Florida MA.

To cash in on some of those tight QPF gradients from coastals you need to head east to an elevation location in N. Leverett or Shutesbury or Petersham/New Salem.

When life gives you lemons......

I kind of disagree on this.  In terms of number of unites you are correct, but that's more a function of population than anything else  But, there are a number of towns where these are found if you're wililng to live in them (I am).  Just in Franlin County,

Charlemont

Colrain

Hawley

Heath

Ashfield

Plainfield

Goshen

Similar number of towns in Hampshire County. 

There's some houses in Princeton around 1,400'......if you wanted to be closer to where people live  :lmao: .  And your commute would be shorter to BOS. 

Respectfully the Yankee in me is ingrained. The thinking of whether it was a good or bad move is a forgone conclusion. The move was by accident caused by health, employment and forced to retire. It took a year to find the property. Disappointed in that it's not Montana. The house is a 2,000 sq/ft log home- tongue and groove sitting on 2 acres right in the middle of the Ocala National Forest. Admittedly the summers are brutal but one can't beat the winter weather. The appeal of shoveling due to the fact of being physically  unable is no longer entertained. The first month I moved in had a stare down with a 300lb Black Bear, ah, he won. At any given time I can look skyward and spot an eagle or two. The only fear of being down here are the gators and lightning. Odds of being in a Cane have increased 100 fold, kind of enjoy the severe weather... can't wait. Just today had a nice squall line pass threw. I'll get more severe threats in a year then a Blizzard. Anyway if I want snow now all I have to do is get on a plane equally live vicariously through the forum. Always has been the thrill of the chase and not the event itself.         

Always wise to play the hand one is dealt rather than wishing for a re-deal.

The skeeters and flies up north are brutal though.

Blackflies are nasty for a month, skeeters/mingies mess with the evenings for 2-3, and deerflies (my personal bête noir) demand their pound of flesh.  However, as long as I can still shovel snow and carry firewood, I like where I am.

Tell you what folks. Winter without snow is really an unpleasant season to me now. Maybe if it as cold enough to skate or enjoy natural outdoor activities but I tend to favor non winter excerpts outside of snow stuff now. Cfs touting a pretty hot July which I would enjoy.

Archived