• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

someone i know with an effing doctorate in education posted this tripe on facebook:

"6-12 inches of snow "boosted" to 20-25 seems a bit off. If teachers were evaluated in the same way as weather experts, only 50% of students would need to pass state tests."

67 likes. i could kill someone

Consider Allentown with 31.9" and Scranton, about 50 miles NNW, with 0.6".  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we've lost snow boards before at GYX and DVN, and you just take a few stabs through the snow like you're looking for an avalanche survivor until you find it again. Or use flags to mark it.

Yeah, every hardware store in these parts has snow markers. They START at four feet and go up from there, and you know winter's on it's way in early November when those things start popping up along driveways, next to mailboxes, above fire hydrants, etc. Seems easy enough to use for a snow board.

Of course, this winter in Buffalo we would have gotten by just fine marking our snow board with a #*($%@ popsicle stick.

Just drove back from NYC to Hookset NH to pick up my dog from boarding and back to Wilmington. What a depressing ride to see the white diminish as I headed north. On the other hand what a slushy dirty mess the city is already.

Ha my sister in Manhattan said the same thing. How quickly 30" of beautiful snow can turn black and disgusting so fast from road grime.

Archived