• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Wtf!!! I have 41" on the season right on the bay on Long Island. Not bragging at all trust me I would give some of my snow to give the southern mountains (and Albany too) more snow

That's very generous of you.  I remember tons of good storms that changed to rain on the Island.  It balances out eventually. 

Ski country and the snow mobiling community are really suffering.  I think the Catskills are doing terribly too, right along with the Berks and Taconics.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very generous of you. I remember tons of good storms that changed to rain on the Island. It balances out eventually.

Ski country and the snow mobiling community are really suffering. I think the Catskills are doing terribly too, right along with the Berks and Taconics.

Yeah like I said the southern mountains that do not upslope well like Stowe/jay area have to having their worst winter in history!!! Have to by a long shot

Lake Placid looked like late April this weekend.  There's no snow up there.  It's incredible.

Here in the Albany area we haven't had a single snowstorm all winter.  Just a few lake effect snow showers and a sleet storm that turned to rain.  Sure the season snow total is 8" or so but it still feels like we're stuck at zero.  We really never started winter.  A worse snow winter is almost impossible.

That is freaking awful. I lived in the capital district from birth till age 18 in some form or another (Troy-Lake George- Columbia County). This was from 1970 until 1988. I don't know if there was ever a winter that was that crappy while I was there.  Will may know, but I just don't recall it.

That is freaking awful. I lived in the capital district from birth till age 18 in some form or another (Troy-Lake George- Columbia County). This was from 1970 until 1988. I don't know if there was ever a winter that was that crappy while I was there.  Will may know, but I just don't recall it.

If you were there from 70-88, then worst looks to have been 79-80 with 27.4"

ALB is making a hard charge at the all time futility of 1912-1913..anybody remember that? :)

Season_LeastSnowiest(1).JPG

If you were there from 70-88, then worst looks to have been 79-80 with 27.4"

ALB is making a hard charge at the all time futility of 1912-1913..anybody remember that? :)

Season_LeastSnowiest(1).JPG

Going to need a big March to salvage any resemblance of a good snow year..March 1888 anyone? Even if they had a normal March, they would still be top 3 least snowiest (assuming no April snow)

MAR_Snowiest.JPG

I miss last year. :(

I know it is unspeakable, but I gotta confess that last year sated me so completely that I'm actually fine with the way this winter has gone.

In fact, this past weekend's warmth had my genitals swinging with my strides in such a low and pendulous trajectory that I thought to myself, "It can warm up permanently whenever it wants. Don't need any more snow this year."

I know it is unspeakable, but I gotta confess that last year sated me so completely that I'm actually fine with the way this winter has gone.

In fact, this past weekend's warmth had my genitals swinging with my strides in such a low and pendulous trajectory that I thought to myself, "It can warm up permanently whenever it wants. Don't need any more snow this year."

I'm just about at that point as well. 

I think my largest event is 5" which included about 1" of sleet. It's been epically boring. The most tracking I've done this winter was with the cold shot. lol

Have only run the snowblower for 2 storms.  I did get the best of the mid January snow, but having a 4th cutter in just February should destroy any semblance of winter here.  This month's "mirage snow" (you only think you saw it; blink and it's melted) is exceeded only by Feb. 2010.

Lake Placid looked like late April this weekend.  There's no snow up there.  It's incredible.

Here in the Albany area we haven't had a single snowstorm all winter.  Just a few lake effect snow showers and a sleet storm that turned to rain.  Sure the season snow total is 8" or so but it still feels like we're stuck at zero.  We really never started winter.  A worse snow winter is almost impossible.

If I recall correctly, in the lead up to the 1980 winter Olympics that there was a serious lack of snowfall.  I believe they were trucking in snow but then right as the Olympics started, it started snowing and there were several snow events during the Olympics.  I just remember it snowing when we were there and almost always seeing it snow on TV.  Talk about timing.

If I recall correctly, in the lead up to the 1980 winter Olympics that there was a serious lack of snowfall.  I believe they were trucking in snow but then right as the Olympics started, it started snowing and there were several snow events during the Olympics.  I just remember it snowing when we were there and almost always seeing it snow on TV.  Talk about timing.

Lake Placid actually had that problem twice...the other time they had the Olympics in 1932 they had to import snow because they had bare ground. Talk about bad timing...two of the worst snowpack seasons both happened to occur in years they hosted the Olympics.

Jesus

Yeah like I said the southern mountains that do not upslope well like Stowe/jay area have to having their worst winter in history!!! Have to by a long shot

We are also having are worst in history to-date in a lot of metrics. I'm just curious if we go all season without certain trails opening (such as the fabled "uppers" of the Front Four like Upper Goat or Upper Starr.

Since 1975 the ski resort has never gone a full season without all trails and sections opening at least once in a season.

You just gotta put it in perspective relative to normal.

Lake Placid actually had that problem twice...the other time they had the Olympics in 1932 they had to import snow because they had bare ground. Talk about bad timing...two of the worst snowpack seasons both happened to occur in years they hosted the Olympics.

Seems to be a recurrent theme for the Winter Games.  Calgary had to deal not only with bare ground but with temps in the 60s as Chinook winds ate whatever snow was around.  Then there was Sarajevo, with too much snow...

Seems to be a recurrent theme for the Winter Games.  Calgary had to deal not only with bare ground but with temps in the 60s as Chinook winds ate whatever snow was around.  Then there was Sarajevo, with too much snow...

Or a Sochi climate at the opposite end of the spectrum.  I loved the story about the blankets that they used to preserve snow through the summer.  The weenie in me said "I need to get some of those".  Later this week I'm firing up my snow making gun so at least my son and dog will have something to play with. 

What a fantastic 3 day stretch/ I agree last year satiated me, this is pretty sweet.

Definitely a beauty out there today and tomorrow.

Even in this sad winter, a nice sunny day is always welcome.

Great day for playing along the river in the backyard with the dog.

Even the small tributaries that feed the larger river are all blown-out from the various rainstorms.  Small creeks with large ice chunks along them.  Looks like April.

Definitely a beauty out there today and tomorrow.

attachicon.gif2L8A8318_edited-2.jpg

Even in this sad winter, a nice sunny day is always welcome.

Great day for playing along the river in the backyard with the dog.

attachicon.gifFeb22c.jpg

Even the small tributaries that feed the larger river are all blown-out from the various rainstorms.  Small creeks with large ice chunks along them.  Looks like April.

attachicon.gifFeb22b.jpg

Without prying too much, is that your shack PF?  

Archived