joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS is now saying 28 for kickoff on Sunday. Would easily beat the coldest panthers home game by 5 degrees.

GFS probably seeing more snowcover on the ground thus keeping temps down. Man, I feel for the DOT crews this weekend. They will be working hard to just keep the roads halfway passable then will have to really go into overdrive to get routes to the stadium and parking lots cleared. 

Wonder what the plan is if the entire metro area or large portions of uptown are without power?

Looking forward to the 2nd annual Sleetfest.  :axe:   My least favorite wintry precip and that's all I'm gonna get the last 2 years lol.  My prediction for mby is maybe an inch of snow and an inch or 2 of sleet, with a 1/4" glaze of zr.  Then maybe an inch or 2 of snow at the end.  Better than nothing though.  :lmao:  Of course, that warm nose could be so pronounced that it could shift my sleetfest into NC and keep me zr predominantly (me like, been jonesing for an ice storm).

We're in the screw zone, no doubt.  However, we may be the only ones in the Triangle that have power on Saturday. :devilsmiley:

No doubt. I want my netflix and xbox live.

every. single. storm. has wake county as the dividing line.  

It's pretty annoying being 10 minutes from RDU most of my life, now being 10 minutes from KRAX...haha. I've had to lower my expectations for MBY for sure. It's better than where I was the last two years in Harnett Co. though!

I have my sister and brother in law that live in Charlotte. Too bad I have 2 kids bday parties to go to Sat and Sun. Thanks to those I can't snow chase an hour up the road to Charlotte. Freaking sucks. What are the odds?

Looking forward to the 2nd annual Sleetfest.  :axe:   My least favorite wintry precip and that's all I'm gonna get the last 2 years lol.  My prediction for mby is maybe an inch of snow and an inch or 2 of sleet, with a 1/4" glaze of zr.  Then maybe an inch or 2 of snow at the end.  Better than nothing though.  :lmao:  Of course, that warm nose could be so pronounced that it could shift my sleetfest into NC and keep me zr predominantly (me like, been jonesing for an ice storm).

But you had that amazing snow yesterday!

I'm not native to the Upstate of SC and have never seen so much sleet in my life (over the last several years).

I also suspect this will be a monster sleet storm for most of the Upstate - hey, good sledding!

GFS probably seeing more snowcover on the ground thus keeping temps down. Man, I feel for the DOT crews this weekend. They will be working hard to just keep the roads halfway passable then will have to really go into overdrive to get routes to the stadium and parking lots cleared.

Wonder what the plan is if the entire metro area or large portions of uptown are without power?

They could make their jobs a little easier if they would pre treat some roads.

I just drove from south Charlotte to the University and no roads were treated yet. Maybe it's a little soon but I feel like in the past by now most highways were all treated or nearly all treated. Not even bridges have anything.

Even 77 south in SC at the NC border was treated yesterday.....for a non event.

And did any of you see how bad they plowed the snow 2 years ago during the good February snow we got? I was on 85 in the left lane and all of a sudden the snow was plowed in to the left lane and not on the side and would last a mile or two. There were several places like that on all interstates on the left and right sides of the roads. And the snow all of a sudden in the road would be piled 4 feet high, so it would've been bad if it was driven into.

Not to mention that earlier in the day it started snowing I was on 485 which already had a couple inches and I watched a few plows drive by on the other side with their plows up! We need to recruit some northerners to plow haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you had that amazing snow yesterday!

lol It turned to sleet as soon as the flakes started getting bigger.

I'm not native to the Upstate of SC and have never seen so much sleet in my life (over the last several years).

I also suspect this will be a monster sleet storm for most of the Upstate - hey, good sledding!

If we are going to get sleet, at least let it be a ridiculous amount.  2" of sleet is surprisingly boring lol.  Still hoping for a miracle that we somehow stay snow.  Otherwise, give me my monster zr event.

lol It turned to sleet as soon as the flakes started getting bigger.

If we are going to get sleet, at least let it be a ridiculous amount.  2" of sleet is surprisingly boring lol.  Still hoping for a miracle that we somehow stay snow.  Otherwise, give me my monster zr event.

Having been in the middle of an Ice storm that ruined 75 acres of Pine timber for my family and left us without power for about 2 weeks I will pass on the raging ice storm scenario. It sucks and I wish that on noone. 

Hopefully temps are warmer in this area.  Too close for comfort.

Shawn, please give your assessment on the current forecast for the Midlands and Upstate - there seems to be some disagreement between GSP and CAE (based on released advisories) - also, temps are shooting up this afternoon! Asheville is nearly 40 degrees!

Archived