joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually they will issue a WSW from what I heard. Ken Cook is calling for a potential burst of 2-4 inch snow totals from Atlanta to Athens north which is bold for him to say.

I'll probably get a little something here but I'm probably going to head northeast. I think NE GA will do quite well. I was thinking about going to the Dillard, GA area possibly.

I'll probably get a little something here but I'm probably going to head northeast. I think NE GA will do quite well. I was thinking about going to the Dillard, GA area possibly.

If for any reason my area doesn't see as much as predicted I will definitely be driving to NE GA as well.

Still any chance for some backend snow for us coastal people? It was never much, .1-.5 ish, but I'll take it :). Saw one map in the main thread on the backend get light snow to charleston

Yes, I think so. You might be a bit too far south, but still a chance. The wrap around still looks strong with the projected slp. Certainly up towards Hatteras, Nags Head area.

The best of luck! I hope you see some!  :santa:

Sticking to my guns. 1-3 at best with all the flip flopping from rain to ZR to sleet back to rain and snow. Somebody once told me it wouldn't change back to rain...but it will.

I'll take it for sure. Just not getting caught up in the big numbers being spit out by some of the models.

So do we want to split storm obs and disco threads again, or keep it merged under a super thread where every time you refresh your're a page behind?

How about when you log in the next morning and you're 15 pages behind?

I prefer a split.  It's nice to be able to read disco without it being peppered with obs.

Purely selfish here:  As someone who can't contribute substantive meteorology analysis to the disco, I like having a place I can post obs and not feel like I'm barging into the met discussion that I enjoy listening to (or reading, in this case).

Sticking to my guns. 1-3 at best with all the flip flopping from rain to ZR to sleet back to rain and snow. Somebody once told me it wouldn't change back to rain...but it will.

I'll take it for sure. Just not getting caught up in the big numbers being spit out by some of the models.

how much ice accretion do you expect in Oconee County?

15Z SREF is in, and I have to say I'm kind of underwhelmed at the model spread it still has with precip onset within 24hrs of the run. Even tossing the highest two and lowest two, I still have a range of 10-30" of snow. Gee, thanks for clearing that up for me. <_<

Archived