• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

Very important map to watch imo if your in the borderline areas like us. You will get to see that warm layer erode and cold take over or get the middle finger!

Very important map to watch imo if your in the borderline areas like us. You will get to see that warm layer erode and cold take over or get the middle finger!

great graphic....do you have the link for it?  There is so much stuff on the NOAA site it's hard to find all of their goodies.....thx

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15Z SREF is in, and I have to say I'm kind of underwhelmed at the model spread it still has with precip onset within 24hrs of the run. Even tossing the highest two and lowest two, I still have a range of 10-30" of snow. Gee, thanks for clearing that up for me. <_<

Really? Woe is you. smh

15Z SREF is in, and I have to say I'm kind of underwhelmed at the model spread it still has with precip onset within 24hrs of the run. Even tossing the highest two and lowest two, I still have a range of 10-30" of snow. Gee, thanks for clearing that up for me. <_<

Poor you. Don't mind us getting screwed by sleet and ice. 

how much ice accretion do you expect in Oconee County?

I still think the bulk of the moisture will be all liquid. Then .25-.5 sleet and freezing rain. Then some snow saturday morning. Looking at simulated radar we will be lucky to get that much frozen. The big unknown is the CAD as usual. I would normally be pumped about the set up but a 1020 ish isn't going to cut it down here. There's always some unknowns with the moisture transfer and lee side enhancement as well. Right now we have a decent wind out of the east which is encouraging though. If the flags turn more NE by tonight I will rethink maybe...

MA form entered storm mode. Can we do that here. Less than 24 hours. Thanks

We have been operating in a de facto storm mode for about a day. Additional mods have been added with instructions to warn first and ask later. As a reminder, warnings will result in posting restrictions so kee it clean in the main disco thread. I do think it is time for a Storm Banter Thread, SE Version. A place for warmistas and weenies to mingle and talk about metaphysical accumulations while tripping on the radar. Whomever starts it, I will pin it and clean up the title of you do a crap job. I am fine letting this thread stay open but would prefer to have storm banter in a deprecate disco, as I am sure there will be a lot .

why don't they just combine the two states and just make it one big state called Carolina ? It would be much less confusing.

Then us in NC would have to pay more taxes to fix their stuff they've neglected haha!

There's a reason why when you cross from NC to SC the roads go from paved and smooth to rough and falling apart.....

Then us in NC would have to pay more taxes to fix their stuff they've neglected haha!

There's a reason why when you cross from NC to SC the roads go from paved and smooth to rough and falling apart.....

that actually sounds very similar to crossing from Georgia to Alabama. Alabama roads are awful.

Boy you ain't lying about that! Wait till after winter is done...geez

Pothole of the south!

Archived