joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shawn how do the 850's look for South Carolina.

Pretty warm through hour 24.. they start to crash between 36-42.  the very very tip corner of the state (left side) cools down a bit quicker.. but im not quite sure this is snow... outside that area.. for the heavier precip   sleet & zr?

This is one heck of a tricky forecast down our way.

Well if you need bread or milk or kerosene in case, I'd go ahead and pick it up.  Stores will be a mad house as usual if they pull the trigger on a winter weather advisory/watch/warning in a couple hours.  Might would hold off through 4AM even, I have no idea... if at all.  I wouldn't go crazy storm prep mode or anything though.

I like to be safer than sorry.

Well if you need bread or milk or kerosene in case, I'd go ahead and pick it up.  Stores will be a mad house as usual if they pull the trigger on a winter weather advisory/watch/warning in a couple hours.  Might would hold off through 4AM even, I have no idea... if at all.  I wouldn't go crazy storm prep mode or anything though.

I like to be safer than sorry.

What do people that don't drink milk buy when preparing for a storm? I think it's funny people always want milk. Me? I prefer to stock up on beer.

What do people that don't drink milk buy when preparing for a storm? I think it's funny people always want milk. Me? I prefer to stock up on beer.

Yeah, I don't understand the milk thing personally.  I'd rather have plain water stored.

Also, Lookout called a potential icing down this way yesterday.. Stormsfury had an apocalyptic comment if he gets wedged in and the low is forced to pop down that way..  When these two guys post about this area/ice/winter weather... It sets off alarms for me.

Then I saw Tony post last night about the infamous ice storm.. which is never a good sign..  Kinda makes me paranoid.... At least Michelle is pessimistic about it.. thats a plus.

Yeah, I don't understand the milk thing personally.  I'd rather have plain water stored.

Also, Lookout called a potential icing down this way yesterday.. Stormsfury had an apocalyptic comment if he gets wedged in and the low is forced to pop down that way..  When these two guys post about this area/ice/winter weather... It sets off alarms for me.

Then I saw Tony post last night about the infamous ice storm.. which is never a good sign..  Kinda makes me paranoid.

My daughter and I love milk, so we always have plenty of it in the fridge. lol I just don't see why buy milk if you are scared to lose power? I agree. Give me water before milk.

WTVD is the most forthright station in the Triangle. They are acknowledging computer models predict much more snow than other local stations are forecasting there. CZQ0Z9rUkAAWSd7.jpg

Without context that is a dangerous image to publish on a news site. Thats why I understand the media mets reluctance to push the higher totals until very close to the event.

Yep. 6" of snow. The CMC was overdone on duration and the amount of snow forecast . the EURO was dead locked in and got QPF and amounts very well but disd good overall on the idea.

Stormsfury, would you give your thoughts on how far south you believe the CAD will be?  Also, on the back end how confident are you that we might see some wraparound snow in CAE and east towards the coast.

Archived