joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice! I have an 04 ram 2500. It has the 5.9 cummins, best diesel engine on the road. Is yours diesel or gas?

Nice nothing like a 3/4 when there is work to be done.It's gas. There were no diesels to be had when I bought it. I made a fire pit out of a 1200 pound crusher cone. We could only get it to the tailgate when I picked it up from the quarry.

It didn't even flex the gate when we loaded it. I was impressed.

If you're a panthers fan and you're afraid you'll lose power and miss the game, you have two options. You can download the iheartradio app and listen to the game on WBT. If that doesn't work, TuneIn premium will have the game and I think they are still offering a 7 day free trial.

Don't forget Eugene on Rock 92 :). I have a weather radio that can be used for that. 

Yes. You, Burel ,upstate CAD and others in that area can speak from experience. All depends not he transfer. However, back end 700 level continues to look good all around.

What worries me most is when we are fighting lower levels and we depend on a good cad to erode. We haven't had a strong well placed cad at the right time in years. Add to that the nuclear station and warm waters of that part of lake keowee from discharge seem to strengthen lower level warmth that the models don't account for here and pickens and parts of greenville. Of course cad can do magic and higher rates can over come all. But when Isohume and crew give us mostly rain, ZR and sleet for the bulk followed by back end snow I remain pessimistic. I hope I'm dead wrong and have to eat crow but for me I'm not biting on a big snow...more of a mess than anything.

Or listen in the car on 610AM as they are carrying the game. If you are in the local area. 

If you're a panthers fan and you're afraid you'll lose power and miss the game, you have two options. You can download the iheartradio app and listen to the game on WBT. If that doesn't work, TuneIn premium will have the game and I think they are still offering a 7 day free trial.

I've always wondered about this man-made lake situation - would be an interesting longitudinal study for someone's PhD to see if the three "new" lakes really do affect the weather in areas surrounding them.

Anecdotal from yesterday, but it snowed in Clemson proper for all of 30 minutes before changing over to rain/sleet at 34 degrees.  On my drive to Easley, dropped to 32 when I passed 178 and turned back to all snow.  Seems also like Clemson area is 1-3 degrees warmer at most times as well on temp maps.

What worries me most is when we are fighting lower levels and we depend on a good cad to erode. We haven't had a strong well placed cad at the right time in years. Add to that the nuclear station and warm waters of that part of lake keowee from discharge seem to strengthen lower level warmth that the models don't account for here and pickens and parts of greenville. Of course cad can do magic and higher rates can over come all. But when Isohume and crew give us mostly rain, ZR and sleet for the bulk followed by back end snow I remain pessimistic. I hope I'm dead wrong and have to eat crow but for me I'm not biting on a big snow...more of a mess than anything.

Nice nothing like a 3/4 when there is work to be done.It's gas. There were no diesels to be had when I bought it. I made a fire pit out of a 1200 pound crusher cone. We could only get it to the tailgate when I picked it up from the quarry.

It didn't even flex the gate when we loaded it. I was impressed.

3/4 ton trucks are great! I pull my 12000 pound camper with mine and it does great even on the steep grades. The only bad thing about the diesels in the snow is the front end is so heavy and it can be hard to stop going down a hill.

If you download the Panthers app onto your iPhone they have a direct stream in that app. For free I have usually seen.

3/4 ton trucks are great! I pull my 12000 pound camper with mine and it does great even on the steep grades. The only bad thing about the diesels in the snow is the front end is so heavy and it can be hard to stop going down a hill.

The last time we did this chase we has a hairy moment or two with the stopping thing. We were in a ML350 which has an  amazing traction system. We were descending a small mountain on Chester's gap near Front Royal. It was about an 8 degree grade in 2ft of unplowed snow and the only way I could stop at times was to hit the snow drifts on the sides of the pass. The F250 might be a bit less cooperative.

I'm taking my #59 good luck jersey on the chase

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC

845 AM EST THU JAN 21 2016

...SOCIAL MEDIA QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION TODAY FROM NOON TO 1

PM EST...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREER SOUTH CAROLINA WILL HOLD A

SOCIAL MEDIA QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION TODAY BETWEEN NOON AND 1

PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UPCOMING

MAJOR WINTER STORM. SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UPCOMING WINTER

STORM CAN BE TWEETED TO @NWSGSP OR QUESTIONS CAN BE POSTED TO OUR

NWSGSP FACEBOOK PAGE. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO ANSWER ALL THE

INQUIRIES IN A TIMELY FASHION.

WHEN POSTING...PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR LOCATION AND KEEP YOUR QUESTION

CONCISE SO THAT WE CAN ASSIST AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE IN THE

ALLOTTED TIME. THE LATEST FORECAST INFORMATION REGARDING THE

UPCOMING MAJOR WINTER STORM CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON OUR WEB PAGE AT

WEATHER.GOV/GSP. CHECK THIS PAGE FREQUENTLY OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS TO

SEE THE LATEST UPDATES.

The last time we did this chase we has a hairy moment or two with the stopping thing. We were in a ML350 which has an amazing traction system. We were descending a small mountain on Chester's gap near Front Royal. It was about an 8 degree grade in 2ft of unplowed snow and the only way I could stop at times was to hit the snow drifts on the sides of the pass. The F250 might be a bit less cooperative.

at least in the 250 you can always ride the ditch if need be. Ya'll have fun and be safe.

I'm feeling less optimistic but I usually do at this range. Huge bust potential for us on the southern end of this. The dreaded warm nose ever fails to screw some.

On a different note this is also my favorite part of the pre-storm, watching it begin to develop and move from model watching to nowcasting. 

Good luck everyone the next few days, stay safe, warm, and enjoy whatever falls! Rememer, just a few weeks ago we were all in shorts and t-shirts hoping February would be our Valhalla. 

Archived