joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dang. cmc already almost 0.4 of zr here over my house/cae :(  not sure its done waiting for maps.

buckeye, we could have a problem... euro was close earlier.. kinda scared to see it tonight. lol

Haven't looked, but i would assume we would have some wind with this event.

well darn, 0.67 zr. :(

WRAL's 11:00 was a weird one. Basically said "no snow, just a day of freezing rain and sleet" as if that's just as normal as an afternoon thunderstorm in summer. I mean I don't necessarily disagree with the forecast, but you'd think that a day long freezing rain event might warrant at least a little more intensity than they gave it.

Shrug.

WRAL.COM just posted article saying "despite winter storm watch chance of snow decreasing"

It's always been that way, if you read the article he's not telling us anything new for the triangle.

Fishel initially believed that the precipitation would begin falling Friday morning in the form of snow, but said that now the most likely scenario is for sleet and freezing rain that will transition to plain rain later in the day Friday.

“I just do not think there’s a way that we can pull a big snowstorm out of this in the Triangle,” Fishel said.

WRAL's 11:00 was a weird one. Basically said "no snow, just a day of freezing rain and sleet" as if that's just as normal as an afternoon thunderstorm in summer. I mean I don't necessarily disagree with the forecast, but you'd think that a day long freezing rain event might warrant at least a little more intensity than they gave it.

Shrug.

Strange, considering the ice storm that is more likely would be more damaging than a snowstorm...

dang. cmc already almost 0.4 of zr here over my house/cae :(  not sure its done waiting for maps.

buckeye, we could have a problem... euro was close earlier.. kinda scared to see it tonight. lol

Haven't looked, but i would assume we would have some wind with this event.

well darn, 0.67 zr. :(

I'm starting to get flashbacks to 2014 when we were on your sc forum.

Archived