Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should someone create a chase thread?  seems like if you are going to chase this might be the one. 

Basically told the boss to take this job and shove it today and am headed for NC tomorrow AM with my oldest son  My closest of course is Highlands, then next is Maggie Valley, then further is beech/boone area.

Current thinking since I have the kids is to just go to boone and find a cool hotel in a cool area near the app state?  any suggestions?  like walking distance to the college and a Mexican restaurant and I think I'd be set.  Am familiar with and love Beech, but that can get dicey sometimes and I'm getting less adventurous than I used to be.  

So first of all, need some good hotel/motel suggestions for Boone, and then secondly, my thinking from reading this forum, the "other forum", ray, wsxouth, mattheweast, my local facebook guy, AFDs, etc is that Beech/Boone region is my best bet for historic snow totals, whereas if I just did the just over an hour trip to highlands my total might be cut in half or more.  and then lastly I"m sure Beech will get more because of the elevation, but I shouldn't be dissapointed in Boone.

By the way here in N. GA about an hour or so from the NC line, got a nice snowfall today with good rates, but only about a half tor quarter inch.  But it was beautiful and good size flakes.  Hoping Friday to see some huge flakes and accumulation unlike any I've seen since I was in second grade in 73 in middle GA. 

If anyone else chasing and sees the truck in my avatar at beech or boone (red crew cab 1996 f250) honk. 

Good luck nc, I think the northern part of NC is a lock for a beast mode storm. If I lived in the southern half I'd be worried that this could trend away from you, save the higher elevations.

I live in the central part of NC, and I'm worried it'll trend away from me. We'll probably get something, but I could easily see it being a sloppy wet mess with mostly rain and little to no snow/sleet accumulation.

If things don't trend away from me by tomorrow afternoon, I'll feel more confident.

should someone create a chase thread?  seems like if you are going to chase this might be the one. 

Basically told the boss to take this job and shove it today and am headed for NC tomorrow AM with my oldest son  My closest of course is Highlands, then next is Maggie Valley, then further is beech/boone area.

Current thinking since I have the kids is to just go to boone and find a cool hotel in a cool area near the app state?  any suggestions?  like walking distance to the college and a Mexican restaurant and I think I'd be set.  Am familiar with and love Beech, but that can get dicey sometimes and I'm getting less adventurous than I used to be.  

So first of all, need some good hotel/motel suggestions for Boone, and then secondly, my thinking from reading this forum, the "other forum", ray, wsxouth, mattheweast, my local facebook guy, AFDs, etc is that Beech/Boone region is my best bet for historic snow totals, whereas if I just did the just over an hour trip to highlands my total might be cut in half or more.  and then lastly I"m sure Beech will get more because of the elevation, but I shouldn't be dissapointed in Boone.

By the way here in N. GA about an hour or so from the NC line, got a nice snowfall today with good rates, but only about a half tor quarter inch.  But it was beautiful and good size flakes.  Hoping Friday to see some huge flakes and accumulation unlike any I've seen since I was in second grade in 73 in middle GA. 

If anyone else chasing and sees the truck in my avatar at beech or boone (red crew cab 1996 f250) honk. 

hey good to hear from you old friend.  I'd say anywhere around Banner Elk, Sugar, Beech, Boone is a great idea.  I think youre chances of seeing a foot or two are much greater up toward beech/boone than Highlands or Maggie Valley.   LOL next to a Mexican restaurant.  I like it!  Glad you got some snow today!!!  Good to hear from you again!  I'll definitely honk if I see you.  Good luck!

Archived