Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max100 thinks this could be a real serious situation for metro ATL.  LOL

Serious in that he might have to wear a shirt.

If the them rgem is right there is going to be quite a lot of ice for most of ne ga. Will be interesting to see if the rgem is right in the end because its quite a lot colder sooner than the gfs and nam

RGEM is gonna come in with another icy look for the  central midlands area... even looked like a potent band of snow on the back.  what a wedgy look.

I know it's tricky but are you buying it? The nam on tropicaltidbits showed a lot of ice but according to the bufkit cobb table we never get below 34.4 for the duration of the initial rain. It's going to be very interesting to watch this evolve. I can appreciate that with the 2014 storm we had a lot of warning and knew for days what we were facing, this time it's still a bit of mystery.

If the them rgem is right there is going to be quite a lot of ice for most of ne ga. Will be interesting to see if the rgem is right in the end because its quite a lot colder sooner than the gfs and nam

Yeah, RGEM is probably the coldest of all guidance, at the moment. .

I could live with this

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_11.png

Damn dude, hope you have 4WD. I was thinking of heading up to highlands but by the time I get off work it would be kinda pointless.

Yeah wish I could get there tonight but its not possible. Soundings show it should be OK driving wise up to toccoa with mostly rain to freezing to start but north of Tallulah could be tricky. No rush to get back to at least sat and fortunately I'll be off 441.

What's funny is its so cold it almost is all or mostly snow/sleet down to where I'm at in Gainesville. If I knew for sure it would be that cold/snowy/sleety I'd just stay here. Hate these tough to nail down transition zones

18z GFS with 0.25+ ice into CAE. Colder. Big shift vs 12z for our area.

Anyways, the idea is to get colder each run as we approach the event.

Interesting. Shows zr starting at 9 am tmrw. Going frozen through sat afternoon when it changes to snow.

Interesting. Shows zr starting at 9 am tmrw. Going frozen through sat afternoon when it changes to snow.

Allan's maps look less icy (accumulation) than the others around the area for the 18z GFS so take that Wxbell amount I grabbed with a grain of salt.

LoL, a blob of 3 inches of sleet in the Upstate being shown.

Got a chance of snow showers in the forecast! 

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS AFTER
MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.
MOSTLY SUNNY
WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN
THE EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE
UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT. 

Archived