SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its snowed on Nago city on Okinawa for the first time ever this past weekend. There was a 1066mb high over SE Asia giving them an extreme cold wave.

Not only did it snow but they had like 7 inches ! We haven't had 7 inches here in 23 years ! They are on a tropical island about the same latitude as Miami. If they can get snow why the heck can't we ?

Taking a mental health day and snowboarding alone. At winterplace and there's just 1 car in the lot. Got the place to myself!!!

Nice! Have fun. I had an ex cheat on me once (dated for 11 months), she was hysterical when I broke up with her, but I met the girl of my dreams of almost 8 years now about a year after. Things get better. Not sure your age but if you're young, both men and women can make dumb mistakes in young relationships, so don't feel bad, as we say in weather it's kinda "climo" for trust issues/cheating when you're young. Good luck and find a keeper (and one that deserves you)...you'll cringe at the thought of dating your ex once you do.

Nice! Have fun. I had an ex cheat on me once (dated for 11 months), she was hysterical when I broke up with her, but I met the girl of my dreams of almost 8 years now about a year after. Things get better. Not sure your age but if you're young, both men and women can make dumb mistakes in young relationships, so don't feel bad, as we say in weather it's kinda "climo" for trust issues/cheating when you're young. Good luck and find a keeper (and one that deserves you)...you'll cringe at the thought of dating your ex once you do.

Good post!

I dated a girl in college that threw a calculus book at me.  I was like, "What is that thing??"  She said, "It's your calculus book."  I was like, "Oh yeah."  I apparently spent too much dating angry girls and not going to calculus class.  After about 4.5 years, we broke up.  As far as I know, she never cheated on me...she was just mean.  Anyway, I found an awesome woman and have never integrated anything since. :)

Good post!

I dated a girl in college that threw a calculus book at me. I was like, "What is that thing??" She said, "It's your calculus book." I was like, "Oh yeah." I apparently spent too much dating angry girls and not going to calculus class. After about 4.5 years, we broke up. As far as I know, she never cheated on me...she was just mean. Anyway, I found an awesome woman and have never integrated anything since. :)

Beautiful

Good post!

I dated a girl in college that threw a calculus book at me.  I was like, "What is that thing??"  She said, "It's your calculus book."  I was like, "Oh yeah."  I apparently spent too much dating angry girls and not going to calculus class.  After about 4.5 years, we broke up.  As far as I know, she never cheated on me...she was just mean.  Anyway, I found an awesome woman and have never integrated anything since. :)

Boy, are you missing out, too!

This post explains a lot, CR.  You didn't have time to go to your calculus class, yet you did at least dabble in your art class, as evidenced by your entertaining sketches of various patterns.

:D

Boy, are you missing out, too!

This post explains a lot, CR.  You didn't have time to go to your calculus class, yet you did at least dabble in your art class, as evidenced by your entertaining sketches of various patterns.

:D

Lol!  I was wondering when ol' Calc might drop by.  Yessirree, I kept a few of those highly regarded art skillz, you know, for special occasions. :)

Seriously though, I did take many calc classes.  I say "many" because I enjoyed several of them twice!  I was not good at Calc or Diff EQs or Physics or Engineering Statistics because of the lecture-style teaching apparatus (mostly by grad students who couldn't teach worth diddly squat).  I have no problem with that style when it comes to English, Lit, History, etc....but the complexities of higher level mathematics confounded my comprehension in that lecture-style setting.  I have to apprentice for stuff like that, so I had a hard time with it.  It also didn't help that I distracted myself with mean girlfriends, basketball, sega, super nintendo, etc., etc.... :)

But, all that said, I made it through.  Perseverance is one of of the most important elements in life, I have found.

Spot on Jon!

Same story. Engaged to a girl that cheated on me. Five years later I met my match (knew her on high school but never dated) and 12 years + 2 kids life is wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wrong. The trace of snow is what we got on this day a year ago. The 10 to 12 inches of snow on the Euro on this day for 7 days out ended up not doing anything. Anyone else remember that?

Y'all remember that storm, it was showing 8-14" from Augusta to RDU? It was locked in at 6 days, all models showing crush jobs all around! Then 24 hours out, the new SE trend kicks in and gives CAE 1-3" and we get a cloud flizzard , oh yeah, it was Super Bowl Sunday 2016!

Really looking forward to having my grass start growing again this weekend. A little Roundup for some winter weeds, relocate some shrubs and lets roll into spring! Not buying any lengthy cold snaps.

rolling loaded dice? ace of spades behind your ear?

hello to you old southern sky, not looking twice.

Just for fun obviously, but the 00z Canadian control run has a Miller A for Feb 8-9, starting to see storms evolve out of a fantasy pattern on LR operationals such as the 06z GFS run. 

Southern energy in GOM, N+S energy phase shortly after

N4ekuBG.png

Boom goes the dynamite. For those of you who are curious, that's a 979mb low

HcDyywY.png

Archived