• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

well it seems the honking the horn about tornadoes 6 days out on the tv was VERY irresponsible now.....and those defending them appear to not even understand the most basic concepts the models are NOT the weather......that got me kicked off the other board........realists are not welcome there.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it seems the honking the horn about tornadoes 6 days out on the tv was VERY irresponsible now.....and those defending them appear to not even understand the most basic concepts the models are NOT the weather......that got me kicked off the other board........realists are not welcome there.

Those severe nerds over there are nutjobs!

seriously during a storm people were saying the radars were wrong because they were showing snow where no model showed it........i pointed out that is what this model worship yields a public that doesnt believe reality.....and meteorologists that no longer even attempt to write a forecast, they rip n read(old radio saying) whatever their favored model says.

Damn, I take a week away from weather worship and come back to talks of a triple phaser in ten or eleven days. :lmao:

I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever seen one on a weather model. It's really beautiful.

yeah, I remember forecasting one triple phaser since 2008, the Feb 19th, 2012 storm ...didn't do much for NC as it wasn't cold enough I believe (we got T-1" in the triangle, 3-4" in the Piedmont, and 5" in the northern tier of the apps. 

Just pulled this from my archives: 

Guwag.gif

OK Folks - 12Z had me next week late and into the next with a couple of low to mid-20 nights and a few barely 50 day-times; 18Z is about 5º to 7º warmer across the board.

That's a big 6 hour difference in runs (at least down here). Difference between 24º/50º and 29/32º/ 58º.

Sit back, I think -- there's a lot of data that needs sorting out.

Archived