Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a primitive cross section (like, cave drawing primitive) of this past event. 

Location: Lyman, SC (2 miles north of Interstate 85 in Spartanburg County)

Date: January 23, 2016

The IP/ZR measurement is approximate, and obviously affected the initial snow accum.

Contrary to many of the "busted" forecast posts, the I-85 Corridor call was excellent (particularly for the northern zone).

NWS and local mets deserve some kudos here.

Ja5A126.jpg

I did a primitive cross section (like, cave drawing primitive) of this past event. 

Location: Lyman, SC (2 miles north of Interstate 85 in Spartanburg County)

Date: January 23, 2016

The IP/ZR measurement is approximate, and obviously affected the initial snow accum.

Contrary to many of the "busted" forecast posts, the I-85 Corridor call was excellent (particularly for the northern zone).

NWS and local mets deserve some kudos here.

that's a fantastic analysis - I didn't get the 3 inches of initial snow - all rain here - but did receive 1 inch of ice/sleet + 2 inches snow - live just north of I-85 near downtown Greenville

The pancake / concrete pictured above, is very tough to melt and the reason I believe Greenville county will atleast have a 2 hr delay In the am, possibly another whole day! They showed some TR high school shots and alot of ice still on roads

D5 is on a 2 hour delay

that's a fantastic analysis - I didn't get the 3 inches of initial snow - all rain here - but did receive 1 inch of ice/sleet + 2 inches snow - live just north of I-85 near downtown Greenville

Yeah - if you look at the NWS snow totals map we are in that 5.1" spot. Even though I believe the NWS nailed it, the system probably still over-performed here.

Archived