joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm generally more interested in what the weather is going to be like on the 9th and 10th for the Redskins home playoff game, whichever day that may end up being.  Hoping for dry, so cousins can air it out a bit.  A sloppy surface would probably favor the team with the better run game, and that certainly isn't the Redskins. 

Poor pattern chasers

This is the perfect set up to reinforce the weather addiction cycle. If the evening model runs turn around, the resultant dopamine rush that many will experience would make this place seem like a weather crack house.  :P

at least most of us had low expectations going into this winter.  it's worse when you're "due" for a good winter and it turns into a bust.

From this point going forward there is no reason to have low expectations for the remainder of winter despite what we have just been through. However this doesn't mean expectations need to go through the roof either but all guidance suggest there will plenty of opportunities and chances starting around the 11th. I suspect once we get cold it will lock in for a couple weeks if not the entire remainder of January. If we don't cash in with anything significant it will be attributed to bad luck more than anything else.

Remember it only take 10-14 days of magic to make winter memorable as your username suggests.

From this point going forward there is no reason to have low expectations for the remainder of winter despite what we have just been through. However this doesn't mean expectations need to go through the roof either but all guidance suggest there will plenty of opportunities and chances starting around the 11th. I suspect once we get cold it will lock in for a couple weeks if not the entire remainder of January. If we don't cash in with anything significant it will be attributed to bad luck more than anything else.

Remember it only take 10-14 days of magic to make winter memorable as your username suggests.

Eh. We're punting until the 10th. Weenies are impatient. But March has delivered. So true to take it for what it is worth.

i didn't have scientific reasons to have low expectations, i just don't remember us having 3 straight good winters especially 3 straight good march's, so i went into this winter thinking we're due for our typical down year.  it would be cool if we end up with another good winter, though. 

Archived