Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay class, repeat after me,

The good part of the winter of 2010 started on January 30th.

I can't hear you.

actually, the pattern for 09/10 was pretty great starting in the fall.  early december we got a little snow/mix if i remember and then dec 19th was basically a hecs.  we then had a gap, but that winter started much earlier than jan 30.

actually, the pattern for 09/10 was pretty great starting in the fall. early december we got a little snow/mix if i remember and then dec 19th was basically a hecs. we then had a gap, but that winter started much earlier than jan 30.

09-10 was the best DJF big storm winter in modern history. Jan didnt have a giant storm but a cold smoke climo+ storm was sweet.

13-14 was the best door to door long duration winter I can remember irt # of events + early and late fun + a big Feb storm even though it had some flaws.

09-10 was the best DJF big storm winter in modern history. Jan didnt have a giant storm but a cold smoke climo+ storm was sweet.

13-14 was the best door to door long duration winter I can remember irt # of events + early and late fun + a big Feb storm even though it had some flaws.

yea the feb 14 storm was one helluva snow overnight.  if it didn't switch to sleet/rain the next day, then hecs easy.  i agree, 13/14 was wall to wall winter.  14-15 was like a minor version of that with some serious cold.  there were a couple days last winter i literally lasted about 5 minutes outside before feeling some frostbite. 

i'm ready for a snowstorm.

I give 09-10 the edge just because that stretch from Jan 30 to Feb 10 was beyond incredible even by the standards of big snow towns, let alone the mid-Atlantic. Not to mention the record setting December storm.

But 13-14 was a much more well rounded winter in the classic sense, especially in the burbs. 

Spending the morning at a kids party. Thankfully done by 1230, not that it matters, can't watch Skins game due to the damn Ravens playing at the same time. Really hate Baltimore tv stations blacking out the Redskins game...

I hate the NFL cable deals - ridiculous that we're forced to watch only certain games.  NFL makes so much $$ - deals should be structured similar to Sunday Ticket so the consumer could choose which Sunday game to watch.  

Archived