joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's humid out, no question about that, but very, very doable.  the only part of this mini heat wave that was tough was friday.  the rest has not affected my outdoor activities in any way except for the end of my softball game yesterday in which they played on while it was storming.  yes, i was holding an aluminum bat during a storm...i swung at the first pitch, just to get the bat out of my hands lol.

People adapt to the heat over time.  Heat feels normal to people in the tropics.

People adapt to the heat over time.  Heat feels normal to people in the tropics.

yep this is tropical humidity we're experiencing right now, but not a major heat wave in any way shape or form especially given the cloudy conditions.  when it gets to be 95-100, hazy, and humid for a few days, that's when i start craving a nice autumn day.

Might sneak in a suprise 95 in NoVa/Central MD/Eastern Shore, feels like the warmest morning of the year. While I am removing flooded carpet from the basement, then mowing the lawn :(.

From updated 10:10 AFD from LWX:

AFTERNOON HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO

REACH THE MID TO UPPER 80S CENTRAL AND WEST TO THE MIDDLE 90S OVER

CENTRAL VA AND THE DC METRO AREA.

Archived