Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly it amazes me what one severe event did to storm interest across this area. Today delivered far more actual storm action, lightning, interest than majority of super hyper up events and the board was slow. Definitely not complaining because today was a total surprise to me. First time I've ever been on a field and not wished for lightning. First practice in pads and we didn't get to team period. Good work in though in individual. Got to watch the actual storm form from birth since the field provides a great widespread view of the sky. There was that brief thundershower within 128 and the action in NH. We ended up being a localized area that had sun all day and avoided cirrus. Figured it was only a matter of time and there were signs of outflow... could see the boundary approaching almost two hours out really. The enhanced stuff drifted north to south all day then sort of hit a barrier over Framingham it seems lol.

That is freaking cool.

Awesome

Awesome stuff man, almost freaky. I'll have to take your skillz and Sprint up wachusett during a storm.

Sent from my HTC One

Thanks guys, I hadn't seen anything like it before. Wachusett is great, no need to sprint when you can drive! 

Archived