Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not one post about the Narragansett tornado warning?

That thing really went to town for one volume scan. Doody did a nice job seeing that rapid tightening and dropping the red polygon on it.

nice, saw the damage reports and saw the tower, seen to remember a similar one there years ago

Thursday looks like a whole bag of meh.  Looks like some pre-frontal crap tries getting going early on and we could see a few isolated severe storms with that but once the pre-frontal trough pushes through drier air moves in aloft so by the time the front arrives and with better shear instability weakens thanks to drier air

1st cell increasing in size with more of those pink pixels over North Chesterville.  2nd cell popped over Starks, heading to Mercer/Smithfield, missed to my east by 3-4 miles.  Bracketed again.

And bracketed a 2nd time as I drove home about 5:30, with one cell forming just west of Mile Hill and another dumping on Starks/Mercer to the NE.  Only 0.13" in the gauge, but trees down and power off in Farmington Falls, 2-3 miles west of home.  Saw pics of 1" to 1.5" hailstones from Lisbon.

And bracketed a 2nd time as I drove home about 5:30, with one cell forming just west of Mile Hill and another dumping on Starks/Mercer to the NE. Only 0.13" in the gauge, but trees down and power off in Farmington Falls, 2-3 miles west of home. Saw pics of 1" to 1.5" hailstones from Lisbon.

Went just west of me at Flying Pond. Only about .25 estimated here from storm 1. I love watching the storms coming over the hills of Vienna and down across the lake. I could see the CU field firing around noon and didn't even have to look at radar. The thunder rolls and echoes up here off the hills and lakes in a way I don't experience back home. I was thinking Rangeley tommorrow. Could get a bit wild out that way.

Went just west of me at Flying Pond. Only about .25 estimated here from storm 1. I love watching the storms coming over the hills of Vienna and down across the lake. I could see the CU field firing around noon and didn't even have to look at radar. The thunder rolls and echoes up here off the hills and lakes in a way I don't experience back home. I was thinking Rangeley tommorrow. Could get a bit wild out that way.

The overlook on Route 17 south of Oquossoc might be a good place to watch the storms form over Kennebago Mt and roll down Cupsuptic and Mooselook Lakes.  (So would the obs tower on Bald Mt, but only if one has a death wish.)

Just west of my place, just east of yours (again).  Like aiming for the headpin spot when only the 7 and 10 are left.

lol, Yup, It looks like its capable of the same hail as yesterday to boot over almost the same exact areas, Looks like i will miss it east again as you said

MT Vernon Maine Flying pond possible microburst. Trees down on wires on Russ POINT Numerous branches and trees down. Cayak flipped over with emergency rescue required. Power out. Kids were screaming. Lightning struck 30 feet away. Winds were ferocious. Our camp is partially flooded. Water tubes were flying in the air like projectiles.

MT Vernon Maine Flying pond possible microburst. Trees down on wires on Russ POINT Numerous branches and trees down. Cayak flipped over with emergency rescue required. Power out. Kids were screaming. Lightning struck 30 feet away. Winds were ferocious. Our camp is partially flooded. Water tubes were flying in the air like projectiles.

Wow, Hope everyone is safe

Thats what it's all about right there. Congrats and enjoy damage

It's interesting, the storm to the west of that one had a MARC and all, yet the more eastern one ends up producing the damage.

But storms in close proximity like that can do weird things.

A lot of these look like they are taking a similar path as yesterday

I just got down to galilee today and it's all a buzz about the tornado warning but outside of some limbs down in the northern part of narragansett seems like much ado about nothing...nonetheless two severe storms in less than a week...impressive...i was up in death valley yesterday where the weather was just like death valley as the storm which came down the ct river valley fell apart right in time for springfiled and CERTAINLY did not make it down to bdl....

Archived