Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been tons of rain and  storms in the ORH area..Andover area down to north shore..and from about you/Plymouth south and sw to RI

I've had literally no convection except distant thunder.  One decent cell in May. Virtually none last year...and nothing the summer before.  But, I'm just glad it rained until recently.

I've had literally no convection except distant thunder.  One decent cell in May. Virtually none last year...and nothing the summer before.  But, I'm just glad it rained until recently.

Same here, buddy. All the activity has seemingly been just to our northwest or well to our southwest. I guess mother nature has to even things out eventually, especially when you consider how lucky we got last winter in terms of precip. Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back in our direction in due time.

post-1816-0-95838700-1438120474_thumb.jp

Pretty good downpour on the dot webcam.  

...THE TORNADO WARNING FOR SOUTHEASTERN SOMERSET COUNTY WILL EXPIRE
AT 600 PM EDT...

THE TORNADO THREAT HAS DIMINISHED...THEREFORE THE TORNADO WARNING HAS
BEEN CANCELLED. HOWEVER...LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS REMAIN LIKELY
AND A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE AREA.

Same here, buddy. All the activity has seemingly been just to our northwest or well to our southwest. I guess mother nature has to even things out eventually, especially when you consider how lucky we got last winter in terms of precip. Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back in our direction in due time.

It just goes in cycles.  I can't complain after the last two winters.

It just goes in cycles.  I can't complain after the last two winters.

Agreed, but it'd be nice to get some beneficial rain for the lawns and reservoirs as well spicing things up a bit in the weather department. Just a couple nights ago there were thunderstorms all around us but all we got from that was just a quick shower. At least we had a pretty decent lightshow along with a few good rumbles off in the distance.

Agreed, but it'd be nice to get some beneficial rain for the lawns and reservoirs as well spicing things up a bit in the weather department. Just a couple nights ago there were thunderstorms all around us but all we got from that was just a quick shower. At least we had a pretty decent lightshow along with a few good rumbles off in the distance.

A lot of people have that recent confirmation bias of, "oh oh...storm shield in progress" or "I never get hit.."  But in reality, many just remember the frustration and anger and don't realize how hard it is to get a direct hit from a tstm.  A lot of times, it's luck.

A lot of people have that recent confirmation bias of, "oh oh...storm shield in progress" or "I never get hit.."  But in reality, many just remember the frustration and anger and don't realize how hard it is to get a direct hit from a tstm.  A lot of times, it's luck.

This isn't like a deformation band spanning from Eastport to NYC.

Archived