joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bucket was empty yesterday (nearly 5.5"), backyard station a few hundred yards from MBY

wow that's impressive.  You got my entire July monthly rainfall in a matter of hours, lol.

That's some serious rainfall today...

2.5-5"+ in that area of Rhode Island.

July27_RI_rain_zpsh3h5l1t7.jpg

Looking at the radar--I've got a storm just to the north, one just to the south and one just to the west.  All have ltitle movement, but whatever moment they have seem to keep them away from me.  Kind of comical, though I suspect I should get at least a little rain--that'll be hard to miss out on.

Lots of rumbles in all directions though.

74.7/70, off the high of 77.5

Went to the All Star induction yesterday and caught some pictures of the storms on my way back home.  We had a strong dust devil form under a developing cumulus during the induction.  It was pretty awesome, everyone scrambling to hold down their tents, bags being lofted hundreds of feet in the air. My old boss said he had quarter size hail in Hadley. 

post-656-0-02479400-1438022904_thumb.jpg

post-656-0-36010100-1438022912_thumb.jpg

post-656-0-48586300-1438022920_thumb.jpg

Went to the All Star induction yesterday and caught some pictures of the storms on my way back home.  We had a strong dust devil form under a developing cumulus during the induction.  It was pretty awesome, everyone scrambling to hold down their tents, bags being lofted hundreds of feet in the air. My old boss said he had quarter size hail in Hadley. 

Nice.  My wife works at Hampshire College--I wonder if they got it there.

Archived