Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May Obs And Daily Disco

wxdude64

You got screwed.

attachicon.gifGetMap.aspx.gif

Most certainly did.  I'm only 4-5 miles due south of Fairfax City, the area void of reports on that map.  The stuff to the south at around 7-8:00 last night was really close by, and there was a "Burke split" that reformed to the east when looking at the long loop of the overnight line.

Hoping against hope for some rain this afternoon...

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugly Thursday depicted by the 12z NAM.   lots of rain, and it looks like it even has some upper 40s during the day on the west side of DC.   that may be too cold, but if the steady precip scenario is right, most of the area will probably stay in the 50s.   NAM is the wettest model, so maybe the spottier shower scenario in the current LWX forecast will play out,  but the SREF and GFS seem to be trending towards the NAM.

ugly Thursday depicted by the 12z NAM.   lots of rain, and it looks like it even has some upper 40s during the day on the west side of DC.   that may be too cold, but if the steady precip scenario is right, most of the area will probably stay in the 50s.   NAM is the wettest model, so maybe the spottier shower scenario in the current LWX forecast will play out,  but the SREF and GFS seem to be trending towards the NAM.

Beats the hell out of 85 - 90F.

Through the first 19 days of May @ OKV:

Highs:  +9.5F

Lows:   +7.2F

A 2 - 3 day break before we scorch again, 

this month has been outstanding.  love seeing above normal temps during May.  june thru august can stay normal, though.

Definitely kidding.  I love huge electric bills in May and being soaked in sweat as soon as I go outdoors.

Agreed... Most days above 85 around here feel like ****.  And this is coming from someone who has worked 40 hrs a week outdoors the past 7 summers.  It's humid here more often than not.  It's very odd to me how much this board enjoys extremes.  72-78 for highs is the sweet spot in my book.  

It's just how a lot of us roll. Many probably wouldn't waste time here if all we had to talk about was clouds and a 5 mph NE breeze.

Give me the oak obliterators and megatorches.

I'm just as interested and amazed by extreme runs as anyone else.  That doesn't make it comfortable or pleasant though.  

Agreed... Most days above 85 around here feel like ****.  And this is coming from someone who has worked 40 hrs a week outdoors the past 7 summers.  It's humid here more often than not.  It's very odd to me how much this board enjoys extremes.  72-78 for highs is the sweet spot in my book.  

well i think the point is that most people would prefer 85-90 over temps in the 50s and rain, well at least i do.

Archived