Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May Obs And Daily Disco

wxdude64

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lightning and thunder weren't all that frequent as the latest line approached here in southern Howard County, but the amount of lightning really cranked up as it arrived.    Now getting 3rd torrential downpour of the day, and it looks like #4 is on the way.

Was noticing that too during the storm. It rarely happens but ill take it... Im still getting close ones!

1.52" in my gauge since it started raining yesterday. Weather underground calculated 1.16" / hour rate (hour average).

My Davis unit itself reported an peak rate of 7.58" per hour over a much shorter time period (guessing 5 minute? not sure) at about 10:28pm last night. This peak corresponded with a 55 to 60db return on the radar over me that had no hail.

My part of NE balt city got a ton of rain. Started with the 7:00 pm line that blew up over the city and continued a lot of the night. First heavy rain that we have had over that extended a period of time in quite awhile.

Question - was it the backdoor cold front that touched much of that off?

Any flooding issues in the area? Looks like folks got a lot of rain.

no flooding up my way -- unless you count all the pots i had to dump out this morning that obviously are not draining very well. will have to drill some extra holes this weekend so that doesn't happen again. 

The lightning and thunder weren't all that frequent as the latest line approached here in southern Howard County, but the amount of lightning really cranked up as it arrived.    Now getting 3rd torrential downpour of the day, and it looks like #4 is on the way.

There was a pretty decent boundary that stalled out along Rt. 97 from Carroll down to Montgomery County about 4-5 pm.  It seems like it provided a great focus for heavy rain last evening.  Olney has a few roads closed from high water this morning but that's going down pretty quickly.  The corn should love this rain.

Nope. Less than 0.15" in the gauge for the past few days.

Grass is still doing fine though. Helps when you've only mowed it three times so far this year...

I got less. Maybe enough to cover the walkway? Missed in every direction. I can drive a mile and see puddles. Not here. We kinda got screwed the same way with snow this year also Mattie.

I got less. Maybe enough to cover the walkway? Missed in every direction. I can drive a mile and see puddles. Not here. We kinda got screwed the same way with snow this year also Mattie.

I hear ya.  Took the dog for a walk this morning and noticed that the cracks in the streets were wet and the grass was damp.  That's about the only indication that we got any rain.  I think the majority of that <0.15" was from a couple days ago.  Didn't see a drop yesterday - must have just been a light shower overnight.

Definitely the same kind of deal as what happened last winter.  Plenty of time to fix that, though.

Archived