amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May Obs And Daily Disco

wxdude64

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome wx weekend and a nice sunset tonight.

Found a male black widow yesterday outside my front door (not sure where the mrs. is, but im keeping an eye out) and a 5-6 ft black rat snake today that scared my neighbor so I chased it back into the woods. It was on her front step sunning this afternoon.

Found a male black widow yesterday outside my front door (not sure where the mrs. is, but im keeping an eye out) and a 5-6 ft black rat snake today that scared my neighbor so I chased it back into the woods. It was on her front step sunning this afternoon.

Isn't summer grand?

Nice job not being a shovel warrior. We needs snakes around.

Already 80. Good day for a boat ride.

Nice job not being a shovel warrior. We needs snakes around.

Already 80. Good day for a boat ride.

I told her one of the reasons why we don't see mice is because snakes like that are around. I told her it was harmless and to let me know if she sees a copperhead. I haven't seen them but I suspect there are some given our close proximity to a healthy wooded area.

Memorial Day = Start of summer. At least imo.

Close enough right. We are so good at warm minimums. Infact, our daily mins are probably warmer than diurnal minimums in most parts of the deep tropics in the heart of summer. Part of it may be due to longer diurnal cycles than areas closer to the equator.

I don't even want to know anymore. Starting summer on memorial day means it is our longest season by a wide margin. Fits climo pretty well. To complicate matters, summer has been persisting into the second week of October in recent years. The seasonal divisions are blurring across the board and we are really only left with 2 states with mixed intermediate patterns (winter and summer).

Check this out, crazy stuff. Plus 80 degree dew points......Scroll down for obs (July 19, 2013).

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNJCAPEM5#history/s20130719/e20130719/mdaily

An interesting study on diurnal precipitation patterns, seems pretty accurate. 

http://disc.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/neespi/gesNews/diurnal_precipitation_patterns

Picked up a drenching .01" from a storm that built just to my SE and then another that slid just to my NW.  Lowered the temps by a whopping 2F and increased the DP by 5F.  Score!

Is there anything you like about weather?  Seriously?  You seem like you only like to complain about it.

Just an observation.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Archived