wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An honest half-inch in the downtown Silver Spring area, where I'm at now.  There was some serious Hugh Jass flake rippage not long ago (nearly quarter sized), the flakes are smaller now but coming down at a good clip still.  Main roads are wet, but some walkways and other paved surfaces got covered.  Hoping I can push an inch total with some luck.

No, but I'm in Columbia for work and won't be home until after the Terps last second win this evening.

A bit off-topic...but good luck Terps!  Do the B1G proud!  I went to Purdue for undergrad, they played Cincinnati last night.  It was an exciting 8 vs. 9 seed game, as those tend to be.  But the Boilers totally blew that one and looked like cr*p down the stretch.  Had a lead, but couldn't hit a free throw to save their lives, and then kept trying to lob 3-pointers that never went in.  Lost by a point in OT.  Well, silver lining is that a lot of people were saying that game only serves as bragging rights for who gets to lose to Kentucky on Saturday in the next round, hahaha!

Close to 2" in Germantown and a surprising 32 degrees.  I was expecting heavier rates and temps in the mid-30s; instead the temps turned out good but precip has been mostly light with a couple moderate bursts.  The snow started sticking to streets during those moderate bursts.

This is what like the seventh March snow event in the last three years, including one in late March all three years?  LOL wow.

Side note - I read that the cherry blossom watchers are saying there is no bud activity at all, which is the latest they've ever seen that, and that the Feb 1- March 15 period was the coldest since 1978!

Close to 2" in Germantown and a surprising 32 degrees. I was expecting heavier rates and temps in the mid-30s; instead the temps turned out good but precip has been mostly light with a couple moderate bursts. The snow started sticking to streets during those moderate bursts.

This is what like the seventh March snow event in the last three years, including one in late March all three years? LOL wow.

Side note - I read that the cherry blossom watchers are saying there is no bud activity at all, which is the latest they've ever seen that, and that the Feb 1- March 15 period was the coldest since 1978!

I was on the tidal basin yesterday evening. There are most definitely buds. It's just in the early stages.

Archived