joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Modicum Mauler

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wound up with 4"(actually slightly below, but at this point I round up) and still snowing lightly..almost a half inch after I went to bed, looks like it was goose feathers that fell. I am happily surprised, was only expecting an inch maybe a 2" spot up here. Seemed like decent returns seem to keep training over my area yesterday.

And all the talk of the precip not making it north in CT( barely an inch up by the Mass/CT BORDER was what most modeling was showing)guess that idea was a bust like so many other busts this year. I ended up with 3", which was more than I expected too. Brings me up to 74-75 inches for the season. This may be it, though I hope not?

And all the talk of the precip not making it north in CT( barely an inch up by the Mass/CT BORDER was what most modeling was showing)guess that idea was a bust like so many other busts this year. I ended up with 3", which was more than I expected too. Brings me up to 74-75 inches for the season. This may be it, though I hope not?

This winter blew chunks up here.  So much potential that merely grazed.  Put me out of my misery and give me spring.

This winter blew chunks up here.  So much potential that merely grazed.  Put me out of my misery and give me spring.

Give me an effin break. I'm sorry, 80.0" and this winter blows? I guess you would like another 2011-12 instead.

I'm last on the snow table, every single place in New England got more snow than me, and im happy with what I got because overall it was a kick azz winter.

0.6" fresh snow overnight

Brings the storm total to 4.6" in North Haven

Season 61.9"

Give me an effin break. I'm sorry, 80.0" and this winter blows? I guess you would like another 2011-12 instead.

I'm last on the snow table, every single place in New England got more snow than me, and im happy with what I got because overall it was a kick azz winter.

Season 61.9"

The anti-codmpmfish

Season 61.9"

Yup.  The fact that we have less than 20" more than you in southern CT screams "this winter sucked".

We nickled and dimed to this about average season.  10" of that came before Thanksgiving and outside of a couple warning-level events (one which was good) we've watched areas nearby achieve significant departures from normal.

We will have had a longer duration of snowcover than everyone else.  Whoop-a-dee-doo.

23.0/22

Yup.  The fact that we have less than 20" more than you in southern CT screams "this winter sucked".

We nickled and dimed to this about average season.  10" of that came before Thanksgiving and outside of a couple warning-level events (one which was good) we've watched areas nearby achieve significant departures from normal.

We will have had a longer duration of snowcover than everyone else.  Whoopadeedoo.

23.0/22

One of the best winters ever I can remember. Very pleased with the outcome. A lot of busts here, including T-day 0.6", Blizzard 8", V-day 2" etc.. but an epic stretch, record cold Feb, storm after storm after storm, positive busts made up for it 10 fold.

To each his own I guess. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, it's a free country.

Just the fact it could be A LOT worse, like 01-02 style.

OKX PNS just updated, made the list.

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201503211226-KOKX-NOUS41-PNSOKX

BOX updated as well at 8:10A

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BOX&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Currently steady light snow, large fluffy flakes roads coating up.

Archived